Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitos in October?

Mosquitos in October?

Never been to Florida before in October- Are there many (if any) mosquitos around after dark?

Last time we went my wife got bitten badly in the evenings.

Thanks

Paul

Paul there will still be mosquitoes in October not as many as in the summer months. All part and parcel of visiting Florida .Unfortunately the mosquitoes like me, never touch my husband .
    I too used to suffer from mosquito bites. Six years I was badly bitten and ended up at the hospital .

I was advised always to take precautions. You should use a mosquito repellent that contains DEET (NN-diethyl-meta-toluamide) or a natural herbal alternative plenty around to choose from.

All the supermarkets and pharmacies stock them

Check the labels for the suggested protection time and dosage as these vary from one product to the next. Some only last a few minutes, others for several hours. Also make sure they are suitable for the age group you are trying to protect some product are stronger and are not suitable for children..

Never had any problems since I may add .Enjoy your holiday[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    I was 'eaten' alive by them last month in Panama City Beach - sitting outside a restaurant having dinner even although I take anti-histamine tablets!! They just love me! - wish they didn't My son was also badly attacked while painting the Villa! Just make sure you have plenty spray on you - don't think they'll be as bad as they were in September!
    Jean

Florida Savvy
    We often go October time and the main problem we had was at Silver Springs and waiting for our Air boat tours, so only where water was involved!

We have been in Oct the last 3 visits and never had any bites, mozzies just love me. Wife & I went to Canada (BC) in July and I was bitten to bits.
    Just love Florida in October, not going this year because of the Canada trip, will be there next year though I hope.
    PS: Have a great time.

The mozzies love me too!!! As well as a good mozzie spray....the odd G and T is said to do the trick as well[msnwink][msnwink] to keep them away....they dont like the quenine in the tonic!!!
    Sharon

I have also been told lemon scented shampoo and shower gel helps to keep the little blighters at bay
    Barbara

Thanks for the replies. Bottle of gin for the Mrs then !!

Well here in Florida in October and though not many around have had a couple of bites especially in the evening when sitting outside enjoying a G & T, so sorry Sharon the quinine did not seem to do much good. October still one of the best times to visit Florida, weather good and parks quiet.
    Val

Florida Expert
    Sharon, I am not surprised your G & T's keep them away !!!!!
    Dorothy