Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosquitos in October?

Quote Originally Posted by bjpointon View Post
    Sharon, I am not surprised your G & T's keep them away !!!!!
    LOL...Dorothy!!!!!![msnwink]...you know me well dont you?[beer][beer] XXXXXX
    Sharon

Gold 5 Star Member
    Spray..and never forget it..as some will remember I got bite by a sand-fly years ago which is rare inland and very rare for it to carry the mite that did all the damage to my arm I am lucky just to have a scare..since then I spray all the time not one bite while in FL since..

Although mossies and bugs love me I only get bothered in Florida if I am near stagnant water at breeding time. I always used to use Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil which is supposed to be used by British soldiers training in Scotland. There does not appear to be any scientific evidence for why it works. Maybe the oil layer on the skin stops them biting. Avon now produce an insect repellant called
    Skin So Soft Bug Guard PLUS which I have also found to very good.
    Maureen Green

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    I use this Avon Bug stuff - and I stay in Scotland - BUT - they still bite me!! whether I'm here in Scotland, Spain. Florida, California, etc., etc. - they just LUV me!
    Jean

Haven't been bitten for years, unfortunately that run is now over. I have been bitten over and over again this year. First few in Everglades, no surprise there. Then in Naples when we visited Perkins and finally yesterday evening in Sarasota, outside the hotel when we arrived. I swear I heard those mozzies talking to one another, "Over there! over there! lets feast!"
    Yes, I did spray - before and after. Now calamine lotion and special after bite cream, still would like to scratch and scratch...................
    Jan

OMG Jan I want to scratch just reading your post and I am in the UK!!![msncool]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Jan - go to CVS - they have a fabulous spray for 'after bite' - believe me it works! takes a whole can of it though before it relieves the pain and the itch Don't know the name - sorry - left my second can in the Villa for future use - ask the Pharmacist.
    Jean

I got bitten in the UK on a beach in North Norfolk during this last hot spell - so it seems that I need to get some of that spray and 2 weeks late it is still driving me mad - just another product from the chemist to add to my return luggage. Thanks Jean for the info.