Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What food (if any) ?

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Are the US versions of the familiar cereals made with the same ingredients? My wife won't buy most of them because they do seem much sweeter than many of those at home.
    We definately think they are sweeter, thats why we take our own
    Christine

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Are the US versions of the familiar cereals made with the same ingredients? My wife won't buy most of them because they do seem much sweeter than many of those at home.
    We definately think they are sweeter, thats why we bring some back home with us !!
    Dave.

You can buy really good cheeses in Costco over there- including Coastal cheddar- really good. There is no need to take anything- you will find everything you need over there- but I always take tea bags, as I use decaff, and haven't found any over there, and last time I took some instant coffee- I have a Senseo machine and a filter coffee machine to use at the villa ,but sometimes I like a cup of good instant decaff - however, I took my fave one, and, you know it just tasted awful over there - really odd
    I take Walkers crisps for my management company and jacobs cream crackers, but I prefer Lays crisps over there personally. And they sell Carrs water biscuits in publix, along with choc digestives etc if you want them- I prefer to eat local, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Builder View Post
    Thank you all for your advise.

In the past always found the American cereals too sweet. One of my kids is hyperactive already so dont need any more fuel for him.

Paul
    If you compare the cereal brands like for like, there is far more sugar in the US version.
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    We never take food as genuinely like to try the american products while in Florida, however i do stand by other posters in that the american tea is not the same, but then again while away normally drink lots of fresh juice and coffee rather than tea

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess:687185
    We never take food as genuinely like to try the american products while in Florida, however i do stand by other posters in that the american tea is not the same, but then again while away normally drink lots of fresh juice and coffee rather than tea
    Could not agree more. Love trying US food but I don't drink tea at all so I can't comment on that side of things

Florida Savvy
    Clipper Earl Grey tea bags!

The Tazo Earl Grey from Publix (or Starbucks) is excellent but it would cost a fortune if you used it all the time.

Thank you everyone- Tea bags I will definately take.

I always struggle with the bread, it always tastes sweet too. I seem to remember once reading a post with alternative suggestions but I can't remember - can any one remind me?
    Diane.

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Diane, I always check the sugar content -some of them are as high as 5%! the wholewheat ones are generally lower - the wrapped ones you buy in supermarkets normally have the values on them - unfortunately not the freshly baked ones you buy at the bakery counter though
    Jean