Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What food (if any) ?

Publix sell Tetley British Blend tea, and it's really good.
    Debra

Quote Originally Posted by jeansusrentals View Post
    Diane, I always check the sugar content -some of them are as high as 5%! the wholewheat ones are generally lower - the wrapped ones you buy in supermarkets normally have the values on them - unfortunately not the freshly baked ones you buy at the bakery counter though
    Jean
    Thats the ones I usually buy, but good advice, I look at the labels in the future. Thanks. [msnwink]
    Diane.

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    We are taking English Mustard & Colman's Mustard for our English m c, obviously in
    sealed containers, is it best to transport these items in our carry on hand luggage, or in the suitcase ?
    Thanks
    [beer]
    Tony

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tony2000 View Post
    We are taking English Mustard & Colman's Mustard for our English m c, obviously in
    sealed containers, is it best to transport these items in our carry on hand luggage, or in the suitcase ?
    Thanks
    [beer]
    Tony
    I would opt for suitcase as we nearly lost a jar of jam at Washington Dulles we had bought for some American friends from the Harrods shop (once through security at Heathrow) as they were classifying all such items as liquid Not sure if I worked for Harrods I would have been pleased to hear the jam described as such as I felt it had a fairly good set to it and was unlikely to run all over the place if I took the lid off the jar.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Always pack my mustard, sauce etc in my hold luggage never had a problem.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    The only thing I miss living here now is decent Cheese, I like strong cheese and also smelly or blue.

You can get it somewhere like Wholefoods if you want to pay $$ but I have yet to find anything strong enough in the supermarket even in the Deli sections and believe me I have tried them all. I used to buy the Canadian Cheddar from the Deli section at $15 a pound but even that isn't that great. Now I just moan I can't get decent Cheese anywhere...lol!
    CDV

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella DeVilla View Post
    The only thing I miss living here now is decent Cheese, I like strong cheese and also smelly or blue.

You can get it somewhere like Wholefoods if you want to pay $$ but I have yet to find anything strong enough in the supermarket even in the Deli sections and believe me I have tried
    them all. I used to buy the Canadian Cheddar from the Deli section at $15 a pound but even that isn't that great. Now I just moan I can't get decent Cheese anywhere...lol!
    Jacqui if its a hard Cheddar cheese you are looking for Costco is the place to go. As Susan posted earlier Coaster is the brand. I buy it here in the UK and in Florida . Also on occasion Costco have Wensleydale with cranberries.
    Last edited by luckylady; 22-10-2011 at 19:05.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
    Jacqui if it a hard Cheddar cheese you are looking for Costco is the place to go. As Susan posted earlier Coaster is the brand. I buy it here in the UK and in Florida . Also on occasion Costco have Wensleydale with cranberries.
    Thanks Barbara.

You can also get 'fruity" imported cheese and hard cheddars in the deli sections of the major supermarkets but it is just not the same so I bite the bullet at Wholefoods but coming away circa $50 lighter for 4 blocks of cheese takes a bit of commitment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the Coaster cheese strong, I am willing to try anything to find my fix as a cheese head!
    CDV

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella DeVilla View Post
    Is the Coaster cheese strong, I am willing to try anything to find my fix as a cheese head!
    Jacqui it is a mature cheddar,therefore quite strong not a strong as a vintage or extra mature. But its strong enough for me.The price isn't too bad either.

Whenever we have a get together with our Engilsh friends who now live in the Orlando area. The cheddar cheese is always the first to be eaten!!
    Barbara

We always take teabags with us and chocolate and mustard for our MC. Always put it in our hold baggage and never had a problem except for the time they decided to do an extra scan at Sanford and spotted the box of Cadbury's Creme Eggs. Once I explained they were chocolate and not dairy all was ok!!! Can't imagine what state real eggs would have been in after such a journey!