Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed please!

Florida Chatterbox

Advice needed please!

Hi, we are planning a trip to Florida for next September and would like to book somewhere on the Gulf coast for the last 3 days.
    I have looked online and am so confused about where to stay, can I ask for some advice from the good people on this site?
    We would like to be as close to a beach as possible, with restaurants nearby. There will just be 3 of us this time including our 21 year old daughter,
    so obviously either a 2 bedroomed or separate living room with sleeper sofa.
    Any ideas would be gratefully received!!
    Thanks
    Margaret

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are gulf coast villas advertising on OV but I can only speak for the Rotonda West area.
    You would need to drive to restaurants and beaches of which there is a great choice on this stretch of coastline.

But have a look at the OV advertisers and see what you think.

Lynne

Margaret I fully underatand that choosing a villa for your holiday can be a daunting and confusing experience. But unfortunately we can not promote our villas personally via Orlando Villas forum.

I suggest you look at three websites below all by Orlando Villas, all verified homes for your peace of mind.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com

http://www.orlandovillas.com

http://www.villasflorida.com

Don't forget to choose the Gulf coast option. on each website Good luck and don't hesitate to post again on the forum if you have any questions .[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Margaret

If you're only staying for 3 days and want to be as close to the beach as possible, then you really need to be right on the coast to get the benefit. "Gulf Coast" usually means the coastal area and many of the properties are quite a way from the beaches and a car journey and parking fees will be required.

I'm actually posting this eating my breakfast overlooking the Gulf from my balcony and it makes a huge difference to actually be on the beach. Feel free to PM me if you need any recommendations.

(If I get chance and can figure out the technology, I'll try to post a few pictures)

Gold 5 Star Member
    If usually makes a huge difference to the cost to be actually on the beach and staying close by instead in my opinion gives much better value for money
    Ruth

Florida Expert
    'Gulf Coast' villas on this site are mainly, but not entirely, within the community of Rotonda West. Yes, it is a drive to the beach but slip a few miles north of Englewood into Sarasota County and miles and miles of beach with acres of free parking. Sarasota County prides itself as having no parking charges, having said that meters were installed in central Sarasota City earlier this year much to the annoyance of the local shop keepers.
    Last edited by Clare R; 03-10-2011 at 13:36.
    Clare R

Rotonda West Gulf Coast Florida & East Sussex UK
    Yes It does make a huge difference to the cost to be actually on the beach
    Please do have a look at all the Gulf coast villas http://www.orlandovillas.com/Search....=2&b=as&p=s&k=
    All the villas are verified homes for your peace of mind.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would certainly agree that a comparable home for a week or more on the beach will cost way more than one miles away from the coast but Margaret is looking for 2 bedrooms as near the beach as possible for 3 days. IMHO a beach front condo would be ideal and around the same price.

Out of interest, are the Rotunda houses rentable for such periods?

Florida Expert
    Yes, Rotonda West villas are rentable for three days if the owner wishes but with the cost of a clean added to 3 x daily rate does necessarily up the price. Guests choice whether to accept it or not.
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Clare - it's something I've meant to ask for a long time and useful to know.