Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Day 6, 7 & 8

Florida Chatterbox

Day 6, 7 & 8

Day 6

Boggy Creek,

We rang up and had a choice for two locations, we went to the one in Kissimmee about 50 minutes drive away i think the other one was by the airport.
    Now i am not keen on most roller coasters & if i am honest i booked this last year and i was starting to regret it a little, how wrong was i! i loved it i was only sorry we hadn't booked a longer tour, we were out for 30 minutes i loved every second of it.

We saw baby alligators that were only a couple of weeks old they looked like small black snakes in the water the mother was making noises for us to back off, i was just glad we were the other side of the air boat away from her, we still got a great view. The guy went really fast at one point to make sure we saw everything my hubby knowing me and fast rides looked over at my face expecting me to be scared but i was loving it we were sliding through the long grass getting a little wet, yet i wouldn't go on the duelling dragons in Harry potter world. I admit i am a little strange at times . when we got off the air boat we were able to hold a four month old alligator (it did have its mouth taped up), they felt weird i must admit! we had some good photos taken and bought them all, the money going towards the keeping of them.
    This only took up half a day & we were back in the villa 1pm, if your thinking of doing this please try and do the longer Tour really enjoyed this trip and only wish it was longer, it also helped the guy who was driving it was rather nice too.

I have some fab photos of this trip and when i get around knowing how to put them on i will because you will love them.

That afternoon we went to Sea world again and got caught in the heaviest rain we have ever seen, we were right over the other side of the park and it started so we took cover had a drink but after an hour everyone was leaving and we thought great when it drys up the park will be quite. After another half hour we decided to make it back to the car and took a wrong turn and ended up back where we started no idea how?! by the time we did get back we were soaked to our underclothes, it didn't stop raining for 4 hours i think this was the effects of one of the storms around between storm Lee, Katia & Irene the weather was changeable, it didn't stop our fun though, we headed home got changed and went out for tea.

Day 7
    We did another mall today but to be honest i cant remember which one we did, it had a skate board park in it?? wasn't that good so we went to another one which i think the Florida mall it had Macy's there with a large food mall in the middle this is for us the best one we found i could of spent longer here. We had spent most of our holiday looking for a soft toy Alien from toy story and this was the place i got one so i bought three!! i was soo happy they were for someone back home & they were cheap enough too. I also got a talking Angry Birds, watch & jewellery, we also had a lovely Chinese at the food mall.

I do prefer the shops along the 192 everything under $1.99! so we called here on the way back, these sell some really cheap Disney goods and we bought loads of presents for Christmas for the family and now i am home i am glad i did, i should have bought more.
    We went back to the villa 7ish for an early night to plan our trip to Busch.

Day 8 Busch Gardens

Our sat nav from this site was spot on & we would never have done this without it, we arrived at Busch 9.45am part of the park that day was shut until 10.30am don't know why, my daughter was disappointed that the cheetah hunt ride was closed for the day the only ride she wanted to do. If we had known we could have gone another day, but you can't have everything.
    We did all the water rides & loved them, we met a lady with an eagle, to be so close to this animal was amazing the woman holding it must have arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger, after a talk of 20 minutes she was still holding it, again i have some fab photos of this i will try and put them on.

This has to be one of my favourite parks you have the best of both worlds the rides and the animals, we spent over an hour feeding the pink flamingos & birds hilarious, we were left a bucket of food and one bird got fed up waiting to be fed and i found it with its feet in the bucket helping itself to the food.
    The lions & tigers i didn't think we could ever get soo close to one of these animals either, thankfully there is a very thick piece of glass between you and them but for photos it was great.

The best photo is where you can climb up some ladders & at the top you can see into where they are like a peeping through a window and your at the same level as them & from the other end i was able to take photos of my kids heads at the top looking at the tigers & one of them was asleep on top of the window, so the photos look as if the tigers are on top of my kids head. Some of you will who have been will understand what i mean who have been and for those who don't go you will love it.
    When i say kids they are 21 & 15 so not that young but still great fun. We hoped onto the train for a bit and did more rides in another part of the park, i think we did all the big rides here, & i was soo glad we came such a shame we couldn't do another day, but would recommend it to everyone to go, it is different from the other parks, i don't know why but more relaxed??

The journey ride here wasn't that bad, i wanted to take the free bus from Sea World but hubby was happy to drive & i was glad he did, not having to rely on buses you have the freedom to do whatever you want when ever you want. This really was a great day out.

Great report! felt like I was there when I read it. I have pictures of the white tigers asleep atop my head, these made my day. Have the grandkids as well in similar pictures but have to be honest this was a very personal special moment for me.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Again, great reports. I really want to try the Boggy Creek Airboats

Yes, great report. I remember the tigers well as BG- Lovely memory to cherish.
    Sharon

I'm sure you must be related to my wife! She makes me go from shops to shops so she can buy tonnes of presents for everyone in our known universe, for the foreseeable future of birthdays and Christmases, usually resulting in the purchase of yet another holdall to get it all home, and she also loves the shops on the 192 for the bargains. Did you discover Dollar Tree? We drove miles looking for that one!

I like the fact that you go out for tea (as opposed to dinner, which some strange folk think you eat in an evening!)

And I also now want to try an airboat ride !
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox
    Dave us women like a bargin, i missed out on Dollar tree though,

Tea time for us is between 4 til 6pm Dinner is 6 til 9pm, we dont do both just one or the other although hubby would probably manage the two....

As for the airboat ride please try it we loved it, i found it soo much fun, i am the bag lady who looks after everyones bags, too scared to do the big rollercoaster rides, but this was something else, My kids said that the rollercoaster rides are safer and not as bad a the airboat ride but i took that as a way of them to try to get me on the dueling dragons ride at the Harry Potter world, i was quite happy sat in the Hogs head with a butter beer waiting for them

sounds fab, havent read the first part yet... loving it thanks Ali xx
    Liesa