Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi exprerts i need some advice

Our villa is too small for you but as we have no intention of selling I would be prepared to take bookings for 2014 for the right size party. We already have five weeks book for 2013. Having said that it is a long way away and circumstances can change for everyone. There are several good flight comparison sites which are helpful but would not show flights for 2014 yet. They will though show you the trend for different months.
    Last edited by Majik; 17-09-2011 at 14:28.

Florida Savvy
    Hi there, sorry can't give you any info on the villa front but plenty well qualified to give that advice here, however , just wanted to say from my experience we have been once before in October and are going again this October and have to say have found flights very expensive! We are travelling from Scotland which always bumps it up a bit, but we noticed a considerable difference between late September and early November compared to October and as others have said last time we were there was oct 2009 temperatures were reaching high 90's almost every day!! Mind you hoping for that this year again! Lol! But might be a bit hot for a toddler!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Gold 5 Star Member
    You've obviously caught the bug and now can't wait to go back to Florida - many on here will know that feeling well!

Although you're understandably keen to start planning straight away I would say it's still very early to do anything definite so I'd advise that you keep your eye on and contribute to forums like this and the discussions that take place more or less every day. In a very short time you'll become much more savvy on things like when to go and prices than you might be now and be better placed to make the right decision when the time to book comes along. You certainly don't need to be worrying about finding flights and accommodation in 2014 yet.

Good luck with it all - planning is half the fun.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-09-2011 at 02:38.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Wendy, I think Barbara was looking at October as a busy month due to lots of people take their children during half term, so one may find the airline tickets plus villas may be a little more expensive due to demand. It has also been extremely hot and humid during October for the past 2 years especially for a toddler.
    Thank you Sandra that is exactly the point I was making. Flights and accommodation will be more expensive at October half term. I didn't mention the parks being busy.
    Barbara

I didn't mention the parks being busy either Barbara ... but I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick with regard to your original post - we always go at the beginning of October.
    Wendy

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I would avoid August with a 2 year old, far to hot & humid going earlier about May or leaving it till November would be a much better temperature.
    Lyn

Hi Paul
    Welcome to this great Forum your in safe hands for great advice! as everyone has said you will not get flight prices this early but if you have some prefered dates in mind then why not set up a text / email alert with (site removed) for your dates but for this current year or next and you can then track the prices! on a daily or weekly basis!! this will help you to budget for your 2014 Holiday!

Any further information you require please contact us or post on the forum.

Regards, Mark.
    Last edited by carolmc; 18-09-2011 at 08:27.

We have links on this site for tickets, flights, car-hire etc so why not use the links for the best value around. Just look at the top of this page

Florida Expert
    We were tied to August for our last 2 trips. It was very hot and humid..........and expensive! The first time we went 22 August into September and that was much cheaper and once the kids had started back to school the parks where extremely quiet. This summer last 3 weeks of the holidays, much more expensive (I did look at the dates into September even though we couldn't go then[msneek]) . We flew into Miami which cut the cost considerably. We looked at indirect but no difference in the prices cos now the kids are of an age to help would do that. We took our youngest at 17 months old and she had a great time - apart from the characters; she was terrified of all things like that. She even freaked at masks - on her toddler friends.
    Enjoy the planning cos that is as much part of it as the going. Nearer the time don't forget to book character dining (180days in advance?) as the popular ones often get booked up on release. Wehave used Charter Travel for flights before (link at the top) and got a good price, car and tickets from here also.

The only other thought is that if you went a bit earlier in the year (when the baby is still under 2) then s/he will fly for free on your lap.

You can't beat a villa with a young child, space for everyone, the baby can go to bed whilst you sit around the pool in the evening etc etc[/QUOTE]

I took my youngest son to Orlando when he was just 20 months old and he had to sit on our knee's- yes free (apart from the sit on your lap insurance the airline charge you) BUT I swore I would never do it again. Maybe ok for a short haul flight but not one to Florida. It was a nightmare for us apart from when he fell asleep for an hour.
    Sharon