Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi exprerts i need some advice

Hi exprerts i need some advice

Hi everyone i have recently joined your amazing site after coming across it while searching for villas. I went to Orlando last summer for my honeymoon staying on international drive, and have vowed never to go anywhere else ever again. My wife had been 4 times but it was my first time and i cannot wait to get back again.
    My wife is 7 months pregnant at the moment so we have penciled in August 2014 for our next trip when the baby will be 2 and a half which i think is a perfect age for Disney. When we go this time we will be with my mum and dad and sisters and partners plus the baby so there will be 8 adults plus a toddler. I have looked around and inquired about a few villas purely to check approximate prices but i assume i cannot book any this far in advance? am i right in assuming this?.
    I would just like any advice from anyone who can help on where to look for the best priced flights. Are there companies who are generally cheaper or do you just have to look out for great deals that come up now and then? Ideally i want to try and get somewhere provisionally booked so that we can set the ball rolling and if it is booked at least i can start looking forward to my next trip to the best place in the world.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work, Paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Now be prepared for lots of advice.

I will add a little and allow others to add their opinions.

Some owners will book for 2014, others will not. The main problem will be setting a fair price this far ahead. Who knows what will happen to the cost of electricity, oil, home insurance and tax in the next 3 years.

Some charter airlines publish prices around 18 months ahead but all the others only work 11 months ahead.

I'll stop at this point but as you get advice please ask more questions as we are always pleased to help.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Paul, I would just like to ask a question as whether you are tied to August. Your child won't be at school then so if no one else works in schools I would probably look at a slightly different time. May or September avoid the school holiday, the most humid time of year and the most expensive flight prices.
    Like Dave has said some owners will take booking a few years in advance, I will take 2 years in advance and would probably consider taking one 3 years in advance. Flights will be much mearer to the time as stated by Dave. Also if you are happy to travel indirect these are normally cheaper.
    Last edited by christhear; 17-09-2011 at 09:31.
    Christine

Hi Paul
    Welcome to the OV forum.You are certainly at the right place to find out all you want to know.
    I agree some owners will reserve your dates for 2014 others will not. It could be very difficult to quote a fair price so far in advance .

What month you visit Florida will make a difference to the price for flights and accommodation . If you can avoid the busy months such as Easter, Christmas,July,August and October you can save money.
    Enjoy planning your next Florida fix part of the enjoyment is the planning. Ask as many questions as you like we are here to help. [msnsmile2]

Barbara

Agreeing with all of the above - August would be very hot and humid, especially with a Baby, if possible I would consider April / May time, flights are cheaper, the parks won't be as busy and the temperature whilst still hot, isn't as humid and more comfortable. Have fun planning your trip, get you count down clock set and I'm sure you wil have a fantastic time.
    Diane.

Hi Paul,
    You will get lots of advice and I expect you will also think of lots of questions between now and 2014. I agree with all if you do not have to travel peak times then you will get better flight prices and the temperature in Florida will be better for a 2 year old. Keep looking for the flight sales, Virgin have one on at present so join their email service and some of the other airlines. The link to flights on this site is also great and the carhire link.
    Ask as many questions as you can think and I am certain you will get lots of good sound advise.
    Val

We have booked the villa we rent nearly 3 years in advance every time we have been but we always use the same villa so that may make a difference. Luckylady... I have never thought that October is one of the busiest months, we always go in October and it is always quite quiet when we are there ....
    Wendy

As Wendy has said I'm happy to take bookings 3 years in advance, but all owners will have different policies on this. As others have said if you can avoid August you wi ll get much better flight prices. We're in Florida at the moment, the weather is great and the flights weren't full coming over so plenty of spare seats.
    Caroline & Dave

Wendy, I think Barbara was looking at October as a busy month due to lots of people take their children during half term, so one may find the airline tickets plus villas may be a little more expensive due to demand. It has also been extremely hot and humid during October for the past 2 years especially for a toddler.

Florida Chatterbox
    I think all the advice here is great, the only thing I would add is that, in my opinion, it is best to get your flights first. Being flexible and going a day or two earlier or later can make a big difference on the cost of the flight, but has little impact on the cost of the villa. Especially when you are looking at 8 adult flights; a 100-150 saving on each of the flights would pay for the villa and you will still find plenty of excellent choices 11 months before you went.

The only other thought is that if you went a bit earlier in the year (when the baby is still under 2) then s/he will fly for free on your lap.

You can't beat a villa with a young child, space for everyone, the baby can go to bed whilst you sit around the pool in the evening etc etc