Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Drop off/pick up area?

Florida Savvy

Drop off/pick up area?

Hi, I am planning to drop off some of our group at Islands of Adventure and collect them at the end of the day. Can anyone advise the best place to do this, without entering the parking lot and paying a days parking fee? Is there a dedicated drop off point?
    Scorpio

Just follow the signs for 'guest drop off'

Florida Savvy
    Thanks, now I know what to look for.
    Scorpio

It is very straight forward we did this several times during our recent visit. As Martin says it is well signed. It is then a short walk to either park. There is a guard at the entrance to the drop off and a dedicated park area. It can get quite busy with busses and taxis dropping of as well.

Florida Chatterbox
    I'm guessing you will be coming up I4.
    Exit at 75A, turn left onto Universal Blvd.
    Go past the entrance to the car park, on your right.
    You drive under the walkways that come out of the parking garages and just after here your turn right and virtually double back on yourself into where the taxi and bus stance's are.
    You can pull up and let your passengers off here.
    This is the same place they should return to for you to pick them up.

From here they go up the stairs to the central rotunda where the security / bag check is and join everyone else excited to be spending a day at US or IOA.

Some hours later I'm sure you will notice a difference in there step when you pick them up LOL.
    Last edited by DLB-GOUROCK; 15-09-2011 at 20:36. Reason: typos

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    The guest drop off is the same place that shuttles and buses drop off - theres no entry fee and its easy to find

Florida Savvy
    Thanks for all the help, the drop-off area was easy to find, but we used exit 74B (left slip road) from I4 onto Kirkman, then left onto Major Boulevard, left into Universal and another left into the drop-off area. Just under 30 minutes from the villa. The kids (grown up) had a great time with almost no queueing for the rides at either park. The only area which was crowded was the Wand Shop at WWOHP. Time for a few more visits before the start of the busy Thanksgiving weekend, then return again for a few more days to get the most out of the 14 day unlimited tickets.
    Last edited by Scorpio; 20-11-2011 at 10:54. Reason: error
    Scorpio