Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reunion Resort

Florida Newbie

Cool Reunion Resort

After more hours that I'd be willing to divulge scouring internet forums, reading endless villa profile pages and then checking on availability and price once I find one thats a possible. I've finally booked a villa through an owner in Reunion which seems to tick all the boxes for my young family.

I've read their website cover to cover, checked Youtube for trip reports, checked on here for any forum comments and Googled everything about the place. what I'm hoping for though is the inside edge from any of my fellow forum members who may have experience of staying at or visiting this resort/community?

Thanks in advance for your help, and input or contribution gratefully recd.

Paulo.
    Y.N.W.A.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have never stayed there, but it looks a wonderful resort. We drive by on the way to our villa, it's maintained very well and the golf course kept to a high standard. I am sure you will not be disappointed. The villas and condos look lovely. Enjoy your trip.
    Jan&Steve

We stayed at a 4 bed villa with pool in Reunion last year as our own villa was booked. The villa was lovely and beautifully furnished. We did have problems with the TV as the resort had changed their supplier and the boxes were not set properly. I am sure by now those problems have been resolved and you will have a wonderful time.

We stayed there a few years ago when our own property was booked. We were impressed with the facilities, the water park and lazy river were great fun........walking against the current for exercise
    Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the golf course was a lovely treat, and we have visited Eleven on the top floor where the food was great, the views were amazing, but sadly it was too quiet for any real atmosphere[msnsad]

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    We rented a fantastic villa there 3 years ago. For me the resort was really the best we have stayed at in Orlando. The water park was great and we found ourselves going there rather than using the pool at the villa. The landscaping was perfect and the whole feel of the resort was very good.

The small downside for me was that it was a bit unfinished in places with building plots rather than villas and some half built villas. I suspect a result of the downturn in the housing Market and number of foreclosures.

Still, I highly recommend it, a good choice

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all your replies guys. Looks like we've made a good decision to go to Reunion and my 3 year old is already asking to pack her case to go and see Mickey.........we don't go until March!

One thing to bear in mind for anyone using this thread for ref in the future is that the waterpark isn't available to guests who rent their accommodation direct through the owners as opposed to the resort. My owner assures me though that all other amenities are included gratis.
    Y.N.W.A.

Paulo, we rented direct from an owner and could have paid an extra fee to use the waterpark. We did not bother as the villa had a pool that was sufficient for our needs.

Florida Chatterbox
    We rented direct through the owner and had full membership of the resort as well, which included the water park. We had to pay a deposit to the owner as we could charge things direct to their membership account in the resort.

Administrator
    I believe at Reunion, owners have a certain number of days per year that the water park can be used. If the owner (or guests) have already used all their days then there won't be any left. Also some owners prefer to keep all the days for themselves for when they visit. I forget the specific details of how that works now, but that explains why some owners allow guests to use the water park and others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    After more hours that I'd be willing to divulge scouring internet forums, reading endless villa profile pages and then checking on availability and price once I find one thats a possible. I've finally booked a villa through an owner in Reunion which seems to tick all the boxes for my young family.

I've read their website cover to cover, checked Youtube for trip reports, checked on here for any forum comments and Googled everything about the place. what I'm hoping for though is the inside edge from any of my fellow forum members who may have experience of staying at or visiting this resort/community?

Thanks in advance for your help, and input or contribution gratefully recd.

Paulo.
    Thanks to your post, we have been checking this place out as well. It does look really impressive and some of the properties are exactly what we're looking for. We're already booked elsewhere for this Christmas, but if we're going again next year we'll definitely try it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Tonish