Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: some info just in case......

Florida Expert

some info just in case......

As you may know from other posts I fractured my wrist whilst on holiday. I was checked by a doctor a few days before flying home and he gave me the ok to come back. I just thought of course I am, it's only a fractured wrist.
    Arrived at the airport with nothing in writing from the doctor to that effect and took us an hour to check in whilt they were finding out if I could fly as I didn't have a split cast. Luckily cast is loose so was able to come home.
    Hopefully none of you will need use of this information but.....have a split cast if you are unlucky enough to need one.

Thank you for the info, as you can never say it will never happen to you[msnwink]
    Barbara

It is good to hear that you got back ok. I hope your wrist is soon on the mend. Thanks for the information it is better to know in advance just in case.

Thanks for the information. It's something you just don't think about untill it happens to you. Hope the wrist is improving.

I had a brush with the US hospital system back in December at the end of an extended stay. I ended up in hospital with a suspected gall bladder problem. It was the last week of our holiday and was told that I needed surgery to remove the gall bladder. The surgeon said if I had the op on the Wednesday or Thursday I'd be able to fly home on the Friday! I questioned him about it and he said there wouldn't be a problem. Pleased to say I managed to escape without surgery and get home as planned. I didn't tell the airline I'd been in hospital in case it raised questions. When I went for tests here in the UK it turned out to be an abrasion on the lining of my stomach and not my gall bladder so no surgery needed after all!
    Last edited by jimiansville; 14-09-2011 at 10:20.
    Jim

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by jimiansville View Post
    Thanks for the information. It's something you just don't think about untill it happens to you. Hope the wrist is improving.

I had a brush with the US hospital system back in December at the end of an extended stay. I ended up in hospital with a suspected gall bladder problem. It was the last week of our holiday and was told that I needed surgery to remove the gall bladder. The surgeon said if I had the op on the Wednesday or Thursday I'd be able to fly home on the Friday! I questioned him about it and he said there wouldn't be a problem. Pleased to say I managed to escape without surgery and get home as planned. I didn't tell the airline I'd been in hospital in case it raised questions. When I went for tests here in the UK it turned out to be an abrassion on the lining of my stomach and not my gall bladder so no surgery needed after all!
    That was close. Hope you're all better now

Quote Originally Posted by jimiansville View Post

I had a brush with the US hospital system back in December at the end of an extended stay. I ended up in hospital with a suspected gall bladder problem. It was the last week of our holiday and was told that I needed surgery to remove the gall bladder. The surgeon said if I had the op on the Wednesday or Thursday I'd be able to fly home on the Friday! I questioned him about it and he said there wouldn't be a problem. Pleased to say I managed to escape without surgery and get home as planned. I didn't tell the airline I'd been in hospital in case it raised questions. When I went for tests here in the UK it turned out to be an abrassion on the lining of my stomach and not my gall bladder so no surgery needed after all!
    OMG luck was definitely on your side on this occasion [msnsmile2]
    Barbara