Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Our Hectic holiday with hurricane Irene & storm Lee

Florida Chatterbox

Cool Our Hectic holiday with hurricane Irene & storm Lee

Hi all we are back from a fantastic holiday.

Day 1,
    Got to Manchester airport, i had done the visa's wrong ooops! they checked my son in but not my daughter hubby and me, i had a blonde moment i had applyed for the visa's last October then re -newed our three passports in January and forgot to change the visa's, well as you can imagine the air was blue, its funny now but at the time it wasn't. We had to re-apply at the airport and how lucky we were they we were all accepted and we checked in after 1 hour at the computers and $43 later, straight for a vodka to calm me down.

Our flight out was good it was our first time with Virgin they were OK, service was good, it was the older plane so we were told, its a means to an end after what happened at check in i would have hired a dingy to get there.

Arrived at MCO, i had forgot to bring my hubbys credit card & because he was driving they wouldnt excpet mine because he was the driver it had to be a card in his name, again a funny moment now but not at the time, after 15 minutes the guy at alamo said we had to pay cash so we did no problems as i took $500 in cash, switched on our satnav we hired from here it was a god send all holiday, & thankyou for all the addresses you put in even our villa.

We arrived at the villa oh dear they were not expecting us till next week the villa was a mess!! how dissapointed we were ( they villa was not from this website) i rang the management company 3 times and got through only to be told 'you wern't due till next week and we can't come to clean till Sunday' it was Friday 10.30pm and our body clock still on Uk time 3am, i was so tired & angry i really was, they managemant company rang back and said they were sending someone around in 30 mins they did and i felt sorry for this young girl and helped her to clean and make beds up, they were so sorry and they admitted it was their fault. We got to bed an hour later the girl saying they will be there to finish off in the morning.
    Their was other things with the villa i wasn't happy with but wont go into that yet.
    The weather wasn't that good as Irene was passing through even though we were nowhere near it, we did have winds and rain on & off for the two weeks we were there.

Day 2
    Straight to Harry potter world, i was like a kid it was brilliant not as busy as i thought thankfully if your a harry potter fan read the books and seen the movies then you would love it here, i loved going into the toilet and Moaning Myrtle was talking to you! the little touches to this park had been well thought out, we did the rides i got a wand a butterbeer sweets from Zonkos sent postcards from the owl post. I have to admit the park was smaller than i thought but brilliant. We did the both parks that day and ended up in the hard rock cafe for tea.

I know how much a disappointment there is when the villa is not as promised, been there done that(last Christmas). The important thing to remember is that it the Florida experience is great and to make the most out of that, which you seem to have done. We missed Harry Potter on our last trip so will be seeing this for the first time on our next visit in 30 days.
    Jan

Super Moderator
    Must add to holiday check list make sure ESTA's match current passports or I might make the same mistake.

Sounds like your holiday got off to a bad start and I hope the rest was so much better.

Florida Chatterbox
    The holiday was amazing it gets better i promise, i will add more soon.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the wizarding world - my favourite area by a mile!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm not sure where you are in the UK but after Hurricane Irene and storm Lee you'll probably not be best pleased to learn that the tail end of Hurricane Katia is likely to cause heavy winds and rain tomorrow in the north.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Glad to hear your holiday improved!

What scares me is that a MC would not have been in to clean the villa straight away, regardless of when the next booking was coming in. Nor to check for any damage etc.

Where were you staying?

Kaz
    KJH

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Kaz,

We were staying at Indian Ridge, that is a point, on our arrival even the fridge was full of drinks etc from the guests before us.
    Ali

Florida Expert
    Hopefully once villa cleaned up thoroughly and was 'yours' it was a nice villa that you enjoyed staying in.

What a rotten start for you - hopefully the Florida sunshine helped sort out mess of your 'travelling' day- and they say things come in 3's so hope that is it!!