Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renting a villa advice please

Florida Expert
    It seems from a separate thread that the MC was expecting you but on a different date, this brings into question as to whether the owner subimitted the wrong date of arrival or the MC noted the wrong date of arrival - think this is the first thing to get clear.
    Clare R

Florida Chatterbox
    A good point Clare, thanks i will take note and ask that.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.
    As Steve says, mistakes are never good but the way they are handled can make a huge difference to the way you feel about it. From reading your trip report it sounds as if the response of the MC was less than ideal[msnsad]

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    I am still waiting for a relply from them, the holiday was fantastic who cant enjoy themselves in Florida

We went to our other villa we stayed last time in Oak island cove for a look during our stay soo wish we had stayed there again. We did have a drive around and saw some beautiful places to stay, all the different communities, you people are soo lucky to have homes there.

Florida Expert
    Hope you get a decent reply. Glad you had a great time and didn't let it overshadow the rest of your time there

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Arriving to a villa that has not been cleaned must have been awful. When you arrive after a long journey all you want to do is settle in and relax, which you cannot do if the place is not clean. When I used to rent villas I always washed and changed the sheets and towels and hoovered round. We borrowed the phone in an empty villa from a friend recently and she said the guests had just left and the cleaners had not yet been in, well, it looked like a bomb had hit it, if you arrived to anything like that I would just have burst into tears. I know mistakes happen but the owners need to be aware and the MC don't sound as if they were much help.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    The first time we hired a villa we had to collect the key from the MC who lived on same estate. We arrived late in the evening only to find that the MC thought we were arriving the next day. The villa wasn't ready and at first she wasn't helpful but after a wait she gave us another villa for the night. We lost a day of our holiday waiting for the villa to be prepared, we still had our luggage so it wasn't worthwhile going into any parks and went food shopping instead. The previous renters had used all the bedding, towels so she had more washing than normal to do.
    Annoying but it was resolved. We've been renting villa's for over 15 years and it's never happened again.