Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renting a villa advice please

Florida Chatterbox

Thumbs up Renting a villa advice please

Hi all, well we are back from a great holiday but sadly the villa we rented (not from here) we were not happy with, i have mailed the owners two days ago if anyone who owns a villa can offer advice on how we can deal with this without too much upset for both sides, i hate complaining but arriving at your villa after such a long journey and the managment company 'Forgot' you were coming, the villa was still a mess from previous guests need i say more.

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Oh no that must have been horrible for you.

I would put everything in a e=mail and if you have photo's attach those and send to both the owner and the Management Company, stating how you would like to settle the matter.

Let us know how you get on.

As an owner I can't imagine how they 'forgot' you were arriving!!

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Sandra, i did take photos but i have not sent them yet, i have just had a reply from them saying they are very dissapointed with my e-mail (making me feel bad for sending it) & that they have never had a complaint about their managment company before, they are going to talk to them and get back to me. I have the name of the managment company & have searched for them but cant find them anywhere, i forogt to take the number with me.

There is not a lot i can do now but just wanted to make the owners aware of what happened i really thought the managment company would have told the owners about it but they didnt. It has put a dampener on the holiday and thought twice about sending the e-mail but i paid alot of money to arrive and then start to clean the villa.

I will keep you posted.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Did you contact the villa owner when the problem first occured. As an owner, I would like to know that there had been a problem of this magnitude right from the start and would certainly have taken steps to contact you to apologise for this.
    Christine

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Alison

How did you go about telling them etc on your arrival. And what did the Management Company do for you when you notified them etc. I would have made sure the owners knew about it straight away.
    CERI

What exactly are you looking for? Was the siuation corrected efficiently, everyone can make errors, it is how it was dealt with. For the owners it is pointless involving an owner at the time as their is nothing they can do other than be another party involved. The MC would have had a couple of choices to put it right, just wonder which choice they used.

Florida Chatterbox
    I didn't contact the owners while i was there the managment company said not to (obviously)& they would, they did what i asked them to do clean the villa but i felt it was rushed and not to a very good standard, then we found other things wrong with the villa during the holiday but why should i waste my time during the holiday chashing them. I am comparing the last villa we had from First Choice and to be fair it was a better villa by far. I was told they would contact the owners but now i am home i have found out they didnt.

There are questions i would like answering from villa owners that perhaps i have over-reacated about but dont want to put on here. If anyone can help then great but if not no worries i dont want to start an arguement.

By all means DM me, I was an owner and an MC, I'll try my best to give fair advice.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Ali,

I'm sad to hear of the problems you had with your villa [msnsad]

I get the feeling that there is more to your bad experience than just arriving to find the villa hadn't been cleaned. If you want to give us some specifics on here I'm sure we can try to give you all the thoughts in the world. If you'd sooner not discuss this on a public form I'd be more than happy to give you my take on things if you wanted to whiz over an email.

A couple of thoughts spring immediately to mind. The first is that anyone can make a mistake, even to the point of missing a clean off a booking calendar/schedule. But the second, and IMHO more important thought, is what they do to put things right when a mistake happens. For example, the management company looking after the villa should, I would have hoped, either have organised an immediate full clean for you, and possibly also organised dinner out for you as well so that the cleaners could get the villa ready for you. Or if the MC couldn't get the villa cleaned there and then I would have expected them to offer you an alternative for your first night and then have your chosen villa ready for you as soon as possible the next day. I know that neither situation is great and I'm sure that any good management company or owner or both would also look to organise some kind of treat by way of apology.

But that said I get the feeling that there was more up than first appeared? If so, if you want to add some details here I'm sure we can give you a balanced view; or if you'd sooner discuss this personally I'd be quite happy to; as I'm sure would heaps of the owners here.
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Martin & Steve if i send a copy of the email i sent to the villa owners to you both i would be really greatful for your opinions. Thanks so much.