Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to stay?

Florida Newbie

where to stay?

Hi i am currently trying to decide on where to stay in the kissimme area. it has been 7 years from we were last there and our villa then was lovely but about 25 mins drive to any restaurants and shopping. can anyone recommend any areas that are central to shopping and restaurants. we are not so concerned about location to theme parks as we will be driving to them but at night it would be nice to get a taxi to restaurants and not have to pay a fortune for it. Thanks fiona

Hi Fiona,
    Most of the communities now have restaurants nearby. In 7 years there has been quiet a change over there. Obvoiusly the communities off of the 192 have every conceivable restaurant but even those along the 127 the communities are a little quieter but it is still very easy to get out for food.

Elaine

Florida Newbie
    thanks elaine i was thinking of somewhere close to the 192 if anyone has any recommendations it would be much appreciated!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Fiona,

A quick way would be to send an enquiry to all the villa owners who advertise here (via the links at the top of this page).

If you specify in the enquiry that you do not want replies from villas that are not within walking distance of at least a restaurant or two you should ... in theory ... only get the villas that are suitable for you.
    Steve

There have been a number of new shopping centres built over the last few years including The Loop which has shops restaurants and a cinema wwwattheloop.com. It is close to the 192. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Errrrrrr - The Loop is miles away!
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    Stay on Southern Dunes and walk to Mannys every night. Take advantage of happy hour :>)

You could look at the Formosa area which includes quite a few communities that are between 1 - 3 miles to the formosa gardens plaza which has at least half a dozen restaurants, not too far for a taxi and plenty of people walk it, although I wouldn't recommend that in the summer heat. Otherwise there are some another part of the 192 around Hamilton's Reserves that are a short distance from the 192. (I'm having a mental block on the names of the communities but I am sure someone will post!)
    Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Have a look at this map - it will tell you which communities are in the area you like - http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx
    Dawn Murray

Hi Snapper

Miles away from where??
    It is 10 minutes from Lake Berkley Chatham Park Winwood Cay Terre Verde which are all close to the 192 to name but a few.