Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zagat Fast Food Survey 2011

Gold 5 Star Member

Zagat Fast Food Survey 2011

A lot of members will be aware of Zagat which is widely seen as the foremost restaurant reviewer in the US. They have just published their annual Fast Food survey results which is based on users rather than full-time reviewers. Inevitably, the customers will be mostly Americans so it might not match the experience of UK visitors. Anyway, it might make interesting reading.

These are the most popular chains:

FAST FOOD - LARGE CHAINS

1. Five Guys
    2. Panera Bread
    3. Chipotle Mexican Grill
    4. Chick-fil-A
    5. In-N-Out Burger

FAST FOOD - MEGA CHAINS

1. Subway
    2. McDonald's
    3. Wendy's
    4. Burger King
    5. Taco Bell

QUICK REFRESHMENT CHAINS

1. Starbucks
    2. Dunkin' Donuts
    3. Culver's
    4. Ben & Jerry's
    5. Cold Stone Creamery

FULL SERVICE CHAINS

1. P.F. Chang's China Bistro
    2. Cheesecake Factory
    3. Bonefish Grill
    4. California Pizza Kitchen
    5. Maggiano's Little Italy

I've visited most of them and the only thing I strongly disagree with is the P.F. Chang rating. I've never had meal there which I've enjoyed and the food has been Americanised so much that it doesn't even look like Chinese food. Clearly, I'm in the minority on that!

The 'winners' were:

Best Salads

Fast Food - Panera Bread
    Full Service - Cheesecake Factory

Best Overall Value

Fast Food - McDonalds
    Full Service - Cheesecake Factory

Best Burger

Fast Food - Five Guys
    Full Service - Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Best Coffee

Fast Food - Starbucks
    Full Service - IHOP
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 07-09-2011 at 09:10.

Florida Newbie
    I would have to include Steak and Shake in LBV and on 192. As a family, we love it.

Very interesting reading and I must say only agree with a couple, love Starbucks coffee especially in the states as it seems stronger. We love P.F.Changs but can be expensive and the Cheesecake factory is always first class. Apart from that well on the ones I am familiar with I certainly do not agree but each to there own.
    Val

I agree with Panera Bread, but not for Salads, more for Fast Foods. Cheesecake Factory for overall value and yes defo Five Guys for Burgers.

Not very keen on any of the others mentioned but surprised that Sweet Tomatoes and Olive Garden didn't figure somewhere.
    Angela

Hmm, there are a few on the list we've never tried, so we will give them a go next time we're over.

Thanks for posting.
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    We keep saying we are going to try Cheesecake factory and never seem to get round to it. Will go in the next couple of weeks.
    Not heard of a couple of those so will have to look out for them.

Mary

Florida Expert
    Went to Cheesecake Factory for the first time couple of weeks ago, had salad and it was delicious. Let out an audible yum on the first mouthful, couldn't help myself. Mary - definately go. We made a reservation. When I said 5 or half 5 they said they could take reservations up until 5

Florida Junior
    In N Out Burgers definetly need to be higher....Awesome!

Florida Junior
    Just returned on Monday. Some American friends had recommended “Five Guys” and after sampling all the various “chicken tasters” in Florida Mall, we decided to give the burgers a try. My husband and son absolutely loved them. They said they were the best burgers they had eaten. My husband said they tasted just how he remembered “McDonalds” the first time he had one in the “Future World” restaurant in WDW back in 1979.

Sweet tomatoes still remains a firm favourite of mine; it’s nice to have some salad in the diet!

wrpac00
    So well known I have never heard of it.

Personally I never take much notice of these type of things, they are usually full of rubbish.