Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zagat Fast Food Survey 2011

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by FraserLynn View Post
    One assumes that this forum is doing its job then. Providing new and interesting information even to 2 seasoned florida experts!!!
    Didn't provide me with any new information. After spending so much time out there we know what we like and where we like to go. A survey like that would not have any influence on me whatever.

I always take a look at guides, forums and websites with customers reviews when visiting places we've never been, it's part of the fun of planning. It's helped us find great restaurants, hotels and places to visit we might have missed otherwise. One has to use its judgement when reading the surveys, but mostly it's lead us to good experiences. It's actually how I found this forum in the first place and thus rented a wonderful villa []. Plus we'd never have ended up at Manny's if not for you guys[msntongue].

But even for areas we know well, including our own city or the region where we vacation each year for Easter, I take a look once in a while (and contribute) to surveys websites. There's always something new going on you might not be aware of: a great new restaurant (or an old one with a new chef!), a play by some local troup which happens to be a real gem, an art show...
    Oh, and I knew about Zagat [msnwink], but never noticed they rated fast food joints. I agree that Five Guys burgers are awesome. I didn't know there was one in Orlando...

Super Moderator
    We only visited a Five Guys this year thanks to surveys and reading forums as we are not overly keen on burgers but hubby is definitely keen to go back as he said the burger was good but the peanuts were superb (he is a nut addict though). We visited the one off Sand Lake Road which is near Lowes and Walmart advantage being Dunkin Donuts is virtually next door!

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by lafifille View Post
    I always take a look at guides, forums and websites with customers reviews when visiting places we've never been, it's part of the fun of planning. It's helped us find great restaurants, hotels and places to visit we might have missed otherwise. One has to use its judgement when reading the surveys, but mostly it's lead us to good experiences. It's actually how I found this forum in the first place and thus rented a wonderful villa []. Plus we'd never have ended up at Manny's if not for you guys[msntongue].

But even for areas we know well, including our own city or the region where we vacation each year for Easter, I take a look once in a while (and contribute) to surveys websites. There's always something new going on you might not be aware of: a great new restaurant (or an old one with a new chef!), a play by some local troup which happens to be a real gem, an art show...
    Oh, and I knew about Zagat [msnwink], but never noticed they rated fast food joints. I agree that Five Guys burgers are awesome. I didn't know there was one in Orlando...
    Definitely agree, we try new at least one new restaurant (more than that this time) and at least one different thing (Honeymoon Island) each time we go. We know what we like but like to try the new stuff too

Zagat is pretty much a staple guide, have had some good recommendations from it.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Zagat is pretty much a staple guide, have had some good recommendations from it.
    Unfortunately, I tend to have a closed mind towards staples. I know the ones that I like, I know the ones that I don't like and I don't think I need you coming around here showing me any namby-pamby fancy boy guide towards them, thank you very much. Plain silver, when closed perhaps about a centimetre long and from an efficient stapler which does the job without causing me to have to bang my hand too hard against it will do fine.

Sure, you go ahead and enjoy your new and 'alternative' staples, I'll stick to what I know. I've been using staplers and staples for years now, I'll have you know.
    Euan

But Euan, that's the whole point of Forums, to spread new ideas. Try to open your mind to new ideas - it could be fun.

For example, I have always been a plain, steel staple sort of guy too, but then, whilst in a really tatty shop in Llandudno, I discovered staples in all sorts of bright metallic colours - gold, red, blue, amazing. I had to buy some just to amuse the girls in our admin department when they receive my receipts snazzily attached to my expense claims.

Unfortunately none of my new staples made it into the Zagat list, but I still like them.
    Dave.

Dave, this sounds to me like some kind of seaside/holiday dalliance into the world of exotic staplery, I think that we all know fine well where that ends up. mmmh?

Next you'll be going onto websites, reviewing your own stapling experiences, telling others how you've enthralled with this la-dee-da staple or that oop-see-do paper fastner. Next you'll be suggesting alternatives to staples, perhaps even romancing paper clips and treasury tags. It's a slippery slope, I tell you, soon you'll not be able to walk past a stationers without having to peak in the window.

You can quite happily keep your "trying the new staple experiences", thank you very much, I know what I like.
    Euan

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    Dave, this sounds to me like some kind of seaside/holiday dalliance into the world of exotic staplery, I think that we all know fine well where that ends up. mmmh?

Next you'll be going onto websites, reviewing your own stapling experiences, telling others how you've enthralled with this la-dee-da staple or that oop-see-do paper fastner. Next you'll be suggesting alternatives to staples, perhaps even romancing paper clips and treasury tags. It's a slippery slope, I tell you, soon you'll not be able to walk past a stationers without having to peak in the window.

You can quite happily keep your "trying the new staple experiences", thank you very much, I know what I like.
    I'm not sure my English is good enough to follow you all on this "staplers and staples" road , but I think I understand mostly what this is about....
    Well, it's certainly a good thing some of us are adventurous enough to try new things and look for websites and other people's opinions. I'd never ever have thought renting a villa in Orlando could be an option for us before I found recommendation for this (wonderful) website on a French travel forum where people are "suggesting alternatives" [msnwink]. Then reading on this forum here about other customers good experiences made me go for it. I then went down that "slippery slope" and recommended this websites and all the great villas advertised here to other people. Even if only one rental comes out of it, I'm sure it makes owners happy to know customers are telling others about their good experience.
    I know what I like too, and am always happy when people point some of the things I like to me where I didn't expect them... like comfort and space and quiet at a decent price when I'm vacationing [].

Florida Savvy
    We've been going to Orlando for 11 years and w have our firm favourites that are always a must when we go! However the last time insisted we go somewhere different to eat, not an expensive place by any means but we had a great nite, so much so we went twice in the one holiday and are planing to go again! This year since I found this forum I have had a lot of very helpful suggestions, I have saved a lot of money, and have had a lot of enjoyment sharing other people's experiences! Sometimes I think it is good to go outside your box and try new things! And as regards to polls and surveys and recommendations , maybe I'm wrong but I though that was the whole point of a forum! Or have I got that wrong completely and it's just somewhere you go to disagree with others!! Lol!!
    Pauline mccluskey