Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romantic Night Away

Florida Newbie

Romantic Night Away

It will be our Wedding Anniversary while on holiday in Orlando.
    I would like to surprise my Wife by taking her away that day for an overnight to somewhere romantic.
    I'm thinking of a very nice hotel somewhere with beautiful beach/sea views.
    Does anyone know of any such places like this which they would recommend?
    Thanks in adavance......

The breakers at Palm Beach really takes some beating but personally I would go to Victoria and Alberts (chefs table if you can get it) at The Grand Floridian.

Florida Chatterbox
    If you want a beach have a look at the Sandpearl at Clearwater Beach. It is right on the beach and you can walk onto the beach from the hotel grounds.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    The breakers at Palm Beach really takes some beating but personally I would go to Victoria and Alberts (chefs table if you can get it) at The Grand Floridian.
    I would agree that if it's for 1 night then a trip to Palm Beach or other similar resorts requires a lot of travelling. I'd add Primo at the Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando to your list and you can stay overnight there or at the Ritz Carlton next door. Both do packages (champagne, chocolate strawberries, petal turn down etc..) along the lines you're looking for.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I would agree that if it's for 1 night then a trip to Palm Beach or other similar resorts requires a lot of travelling. I'd add Primo at the Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando to your list and you can stay overnight there or at the Ritz Carlton next door. Both do packages (champagne, chocolate strawberries, petal turn down etc..) along the lines you're looking for.
    I guess it depends if you like 'polished' or 'toes in the sand' type romantic.

Personally an evening on Anna Maria Island at the Beach Bistro would certainly win you 'brownie points' with me :-)

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Personally an evening on Anna Maria Island at the Beach Bistro would certainly win you 'brownie points' with me :-)
    I'm definitely with you there but it's quite long way for 1 night and it's nice not to have to drive to and from the restaurant on a special evening. If it was for a longer break something like that would be my choice every time.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chalet Suzanne (Lake Wales?) has always got good reviews although its not on the beach it's not so far to drive. There is another place in Kissimmee which I can't remember the name of which has often been recommended for romantic stays. Will see if I can remember the name.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Thank you all for your recommendations - they all sound great and it has confused me even more now....lol.
    I dont mind an hour or two drive away as we would be leaving about noon.
    The things you do for the one you love.......

Josh - I hope one day my husband would put that much effort into our anniversary - but after 26 years I think there's not much chance. Have a wonderful time.
    Elaine

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Appledore View Post
    Josh - I hope one day my husband would put that much effort into our anniversary - but after 26 years I think there's not much chance. Have a wonderful time.
    Elaine
    21 years but thinking the same Elaine [msneek]