Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Forms and Printed Copies of ESTA's

We were asked copies of our ESTA forms by the BA agent at the check-in counter last time we travelled, believe it or not. I told her you don't need it, but she was quite ready to "use her power" and "not let us embark" . I was myself quite ready to let her try that and see what her manager had to say about it, but there was a long queue of innocent people behind us and the truth is I had printed the forms, so I didn't push the issue.
    I did raise the subject with the immigration officer when we landed and he just laughed and told me that lady didn't know what she was talking about, that I should have stood my ground and maybe we would have been upgraded and flown business, I wish I had thought about that []

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Not heard that will have to look into that one.
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    Hi just wanted to say that I thought I would print off copies of our Esta forms as per advice! And just as well I had done this as when I went on the site and put in the number it said that there was no application held!!! This happened with myself , husband and sons! Only one sons was found! I attempted it several times and eventually it found them! Can you imagine the panic I was in as we travel on Saturday!!! So big thank you for suggesting this as if I had not tried to print them then we could have been turned away at the airport!!!! Thank you!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Airlines do have the right to insist you have everything in place to allow you to fly, they can be fined if they send someone over without the required docs. For the sake of printing them out a flashing them to the lady checking in, it is not worth it. Plus I would always carry a printed copy. Lat time we went over there was soothing up with the online info when they scanned my passport, having the printed copy saved what looked like could have been a 'come to my office' situation.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Airlines do have the right to insist you have everything in place to allow you to fly, they can be fined if they send someone over without the required docs. For the sake of printing them out a flashing them to the lady checking in, it is not worth it. Plus I would always carry a printed copy. Lat time we went over there was soothing up with the online info when they scanned my passport, having the printed copy saved what looked like could have been a 'come to my office' situation.
    The thing is as far as I know you're not required to carry a copy of your ESTA, right? I always print everything, but that's me [msnwink]. All the other times I have travelled to the US, the check-in agent just asked if I had done the ESTA, period.

You're not required to carry a copy of the ESTA form, it quite clearly states you'll never be asked to show it. As for the airlines, most check-in systems won't allow the issue of a boarding card if you haven't registered for ESTA - that's the reason for the airlines requesting your passport number in API data, as these checks are done up to 72 hours prior to take-off. So if you turn up at the airport and a check-in agent asks for a print-out of your ESTA form, I would just tell them it's not necessary. I really do hate this attitude of "you must please me or I won't let you on" that some staff have - it just scares people, and isn't necessary, just a power trip.

It also annoys me when I buy a magazine at the airport before the flight and they ask for my boarding card. When I ask why, they say "it's duty free rules", at which point I ask them how much discount I will get on my magazine purchase in that case. Of course it is none, so they don't get to see my boarding card.
    Keith

It is not a requirement to carry a copy, but but I do. Hardly wieghed down with anything extra as the copy is on my iPhone, no big deal.

I too carry a copy and not being one of Apples lemmings i simply print a copy and tuck it into my travel wallet, again no big deal.

Dave

We were asked by immigration at Washington to see my son's ESTA - I certainly wasn't going to start arguing the point with him!! Just produced the piece of paper and went on our way :-)
    Caroline & Dave