Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Villa to rent for 2weeks on Southern Dunes

Florida Newbie

Looking for a Villa to rent for 2weeks on Southern Dunes

Hello everyone,
    Does anyone on here have a 3 bed villa on Southern Dunes?
    Me and my best friend are going Oct 28th 2013 - Nov 11th 2013 for the first time without my parents.
    I have stayed in a villa on Southern Dunes only twice but both times it was really lovely and not far from attractions, so this is the ideal location for us.
    I know you may think 2013 is very far away however, I am just looking for a rough quote to start saving up.

All I want to know is:
    How much rent?
    Do you have age restrictions on your villa? We will be 22 and 20.
    Do you have a games room?
    Does rent include pool heat?
    How many rooms and bathrooms?
    Is the pool private or overlooked?

I have had a look on various website but thought I would try here first.

Thank you in advance,
    Have a great day,
    Lauren.

wrpac00
    You will have to fill out an enquiry via this site. Individual owners are not allowed to respond on the forum.

Looking at your ages are you aware that only the 22 year old will be allowed to drive? Also they will have to pay an U25 suppliment or go through a company that includes it or does a package.

The location you have mentioned is about as far away from the attractions as you can get so you might want to rethink if the driving issue becomes a problem.

Florida Newbie
    Hey, thanks for your reply. I didn't realise owners are not allowed to respond on here, I'll send a few enquiries out.

I will be the 22 year old driver and I know about the charges due to my age I have got a quote through this site using the YDP gold option for £422 for 2weeks which seems reasonable.

Ive stayed twice on southern dunes and i didnt think it was that far away, but saying that i wasn't driving lol.

thanks again,
    Lauren.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wrpac00 View Post
    The location you have mentioned is about as far away from the attractions as you can get so you might want to rethink if the driving issue becomes a problem.
    As a car is the better option for most communities distance is not an issue once you have hired a car.

It does not take any longer to get to the attractions from Southern Dunes as it does from a number of communities along the 192 as we do not have the stop/start traffic problems along highway 27, and we approach Disney from the west which is much quieter - and of course it is the nearest community to the new Legoland theme park!

Each to their own but all our repeat guests thing it is ideally placed for enjoying all of the region.

I don't think Southern Dunes is to far out either. There does seem to be a bit of southern Dunes bashing at times mainly from people who have villas geographically closer. I have stayed at many villas over the years and can honestly say that some areas closer to the parks can have longer travelling times. SD does have the benefit of several routes to disney without having to go too far out of your way. As the OP has stayed at this resort at least twice before I would have thought they would be aware of any pitfalls.

Dave

Super Moderator
    Southern Dunes also has the benefit of being very close to Manny's and if you like a walk you can even walk it then you can make use of happy hour[beer]

Florida Newbie
    Hello everyone thanks for your replies. We are still sticking with Southern Dunes its choosing the villa which is the hard part! They're all stunning!

Do villa owners allow bookings so far in advance? Its about 2 year in advance or would it be better for us to wait?

Thanks again for your answers
    Lauren

Most villa owners will take advance bookings.

For those of us on Lindfields we have a lovely shortcut to Disney by using Funie Steed Road and therefore don't have to go through the stop start lights on 192. This makes it really quick to get to Disney.

Andrena