Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Insurance

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester

Travel Insurance

Now that we travel for longer periods, and are getting older, can anyone offer ideas for the best insurance.
    Lyn

wrpac00
    We use Flexicover, they cover upto 100 days on any one trip (we are staying 97 days this year). I haven't found one yet that insures longer than this.

Florida Savvy
    Hi.

We use Insure and Go. You are covered for up to 90 days per trip and as many trips as you like in one year.

We are both 55 (hubbie has high blood pressure) and the premium was £115 per annum

I have also looked at policies that cover you for between 90 and 180 days but cannot remember which company I found but the premium was still less than £200 per annum. I will see if I can find it.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Hi.

We use Insure and Go. You are covered for up to 90 days per trip and as many trips as you like in one year.

We are both 55 (hubbie has high blood pressure) and the premium was £115 per annum

I have also looked at policies that cover you for between 90 and 180 days but cannot remember which company I found but the premium was still less than £200 per annum. I will see if I can find it.

Thanks for that will look into them, as we use the Visa Waiver we would not be there for more than 90 days. However hubbie is now 66 so most people seem to think he is past is sell by date. No trouble up to 64 but as soon as hit 65 most people don't want to know, even though we have far more health checks now, blood pressure, cholesterol etc.
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    Back again!

The company I found for long stay insurance is www.travelinsurance.co.uk (hope posting the link on here is OK) I entered our details and got a quote for their Gold cover of £198 for a 180 day trip.

Friends who stay for 6 months at a time recommended 'Visitor' medical insurance which they find is cheaper for them. They are in their 60's. Obviously that doesnt cover any travel related problems you may have.

bought ours with Saga... not cheap but covers Steves diabetes/high blood pressure and for me...
    Liesa

We use travel insurance that comes with bank account. It had an £85 premium this year. Hubbie has now turned 65 and has diabetes. That covers us for up to 90 days.
    We have never tried for longer as we too go on visa waiver.
    We have looked at others but as we already pay the bulk of this for our account anyway this seems like a great deal to us.
    I have heard that 70 is the big problem and certaily all our friends who have turned 70 are having to fork out large amounts if going to the States or Canada.
    Angela

If your bank is Lloyds then they cover up to 80 years, and you just pay the extra for the extra time over and above the usual 31 days that you need.

Andrena

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    If your bank is Lloyds then they cover up to 80 years, and you just pay the extra for the extra time over and above the usual 31 days that you need.

Andrena
    My husband banks with Lloyds and last time we tried to do this for the US it was more expensive than taking out a new annual policy. If you only wanted Europe it was fine.

I would be interested to hear if your experience is different

Our annual policy is with Columbus Direct. We are both in our 50s and have a couple of medical conditions declared including my high blood pressure. The premium is £190.00 and covers the two of us for maximum stays of 60 days.

As medical costs are so high in the US it is very important to read the small print of any policy to ensure you have adequate cover. I ended up in hospital at the end of our 7 week stay last winter with a suspected gall bladder problem. The hospital bill for the 4 days I spent there as a patient was almost $30,000! Thankfully this was covered by the policy.
    Jim