Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Radio Subscriptions

Florida Savvy

Radio Subscriptions

I originally posted this in the 'Snowbird' thread but obviously it now belongs here:

Has anyone looked into having a subsciption to satelite radio in a car? Hire car or personal ? I would love to be able to listen to Radio Margaritaville when we are stateside but dont want to have to pay a full year and only use less than half of it!

I have had 2 in car sat radio systems and they have both been useless, that's in the UK. I had them to travel around Europe with but signal loss is really annoying, apparently they work by line of site, so trees and just about anything can break the signal. You can listen Margaritaville free online, we use 3G in the car to listen to online stations we cannot get on the radio. Works very well.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    I have had 2 in car sat radio systems and they have both been useless, that's in the UK. I had them to travel around Europe with but signal loss is really annoying, apparently they work by line of site, so trees and just about anything can break the signal. You can listen Margaritaville free online, we use 3G in the car to listen to online stations we cannot get on the radio. Works very well.
    Thanks.

Do you use the 3G in Florida? Do you use a phone?

I listen to various Florida radio stations online. Currently listening to K92fm. I have a US 3G sim in my Ipad and the Tune In Radio app, but would not want to keep this in the car. I currently do not have a suitable phone.
    Last edited by No Shoes; 26-08-2011 at 14:11.

You would need to get local sim card otherwise t would be expensive, we use 3G in the Uk and Europe for streaming.

Florida Newbie
    I have a subscription to Sirius radio in Florida. You can subscribe for any period, although the monthly charge is higher for shorter times. You need to watch that they don't automatically renew the subscription at the end of the time, because the price goes up!

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette View Post
    I have a subscription to Sirius radio in Florida. You can subscribe for any period, although the monthly charge is higher for shorter times. You need to watch that they don't automatically renew the subscription at the end of the time, because the price goes up!
    Janette - did you set it up online? How can you use it in a rental car?

Florida Newbie
    Sorry - should have said it is my own car, not a rental, however, it can be set up online. Need suitable radio in car though, or purchase adapter for ipod or iphone, and then subscription. Not cheap, about $150 for 3 months (if need to buy both) but depends how much you will use it.

Florida Newbie
    Should have said that it is my own car, not a rental. You can buy an on line subscription for 3 months to use with an ipod or iphone if that helps? There is also an adapter available to fit these - buying both costs about $140.00.

Florida Newbie
    As to the radio station thing, i like 104.1 real radio, i listen free on the iphone, but the same app isnt on the pc. can anyone point me in the right direction?