Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aer lingus!

Florida Savvy

Aer lingus!

Hi everyone, we are flying with aerlingus in October gla-Dublin -Orlando , booked this because of at he time best price and had read a few people say that they have received good service. Anyway starting to get a bit nervous! So far I m finding their customer service leaves somewhat to be desired! Tried to select ourseats online and got a message saying I had to call to do this, called and got a girl with a very bad attitude! I asked why I wasn't able to do this online when the service avails itself to it----" because you can't"
    was the answer ! I s aid yes but what is the reason for this? Guess what my answer was! The same again !! After the third time asking she said " I will assign your seat just now! So she has given us row 34 and35 I asked if these were above the wing as we would prefer not to sit there, she said no and continued to select our return seats which are rows 19 and20!!! Guess what ? I have just checked seat guru and they are above the wing!!! I had a few other questions regarding our flights but every time I started to speak she kept saying goodby and thank you for calling aerlingus!!! I had to tell her to hold on I had other enquiries! But she just couldn't wait to get off the phone!!! Has anyone else had this experience? Please tell me that it I not representative of what we can expect on our flights! Any information would b great! Thanks
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

I've never had anything but helpfulness and courtesy from Aer Lingus - both in the air and on the ground.
    You were just unlucky in who you got on the other end of the phone.

Florida Savvy
    That's great Carol, can you remember which rows you sat in? Were you able to check in online and can you tell me where you departed from? Thanks
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

We only got back last Sunday - flew out a month earlier from Dublin to Orlando direct. We could check in online 24hrs before the flight from Dublin but on the way back check in at the airport - United handle Aer Lingus in Orlando. On the way out we were in row 13 H&k, coming back Row 33 which is behind the wing.
    We had great service and are going back in Dec with Aer Lingus again.

Florida Savvy
    Thanks Carol that's reassured me! Phew!!!!
    Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Glad to help - I know how it feels when you begin to doubt things.

We also flew back Are Lingus yesterday, and they were excellent.
    Dawn Murray

Florida Savvy
    Did you fly from the uk or just Dublin? Thanks Pauline
    Pauline mccluskey

Flew Orlando-Dublin-Gatwick - the transfer was 4 hours
    Dawn Murray

Florida Chatterbox
    We had to phone them to book seats together too. Not sure why you can't do it online.

Anyway, the Glasgow-Dublin flight was interesting. Actually an Aer Arann flight. It was a propellor aircraft, maybe about 35 seats mainly businessmen. Great to hear the propellors buzzing, just like a war movie. The flight probably took about 30 minutes and then a long walk to the gate for the Orlando leg. Dublin Airport was being renovated at the time but hopefully that will be finished now.

If you have enough time, you can do Immigration and Customs at Dublin but most days, the connection time is too short to allow this. Remember to have some euros for the airport.