Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aer lingus!

Florida Chatterbox
    As far as I know you HAVE to do Customs and Immigration in Dublin as flight arrives as domestic so no facility to do this in Orlando. Also flight goes from gate after immigration now so can't get to it without passing immigration and customs. You have to identify your bag for customs before boarding.
    ALison

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Just came back last week - with Aer Lingus - and are going again with them in January - again via Glasgow! This is our 4th time flying with them and excellent service all times. Yes, you have to phone them to book your seats - but never found this a bother. The fact that you clear Immigration at Dublin (plenty of time to do Duty Free before you do that) means that at MCO you get your luggage and GO! Remember if you want Duty Free on the way out to buy it at Dublin - there is no duty free on the plane - something to do with US restrictions as it is classed as an internal flight. The staff on board could not be more helpful and also on the Aer Aran flight from Glasgow.
    Jean

Florida Newbie
    Sorry if I seem stupid but don't we have to go to customs in Orlando? We are flying Bristol - Dublin - Orlando. Do you pick up your luggage at Dublin? My husband has a visa so has to fill out a form, where would he get this from? Not done it this way, usually gatwick . another USA and then Orlando. Thought you went through immigration when in USA. If I've got it wrong sorry.

Super Moderator
    Presume you mean you are flying Aer Lingus as you are passing through Dublin and this link from the Dublin airport site will explain American preclearance http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-...clearance.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by mexico View Post
    That's great Carol, can you remember which rows you sat in? Were you able to check in online and can you tell me where you departed from? Thanks
    Pauline
    We are due to go in May booked through e bookers as we needed to book MAN to DUB,DUB to MCO but then MCO to JFK and JFK to Man coming back. Just wondered if you can still book in online as its not directly booked with Aer Lingus. Also given you do customs/immigration in DUB what the story re taking butties on board? First time with Aer Lingus after 50+ with VA and if its good then more to follow!

Florida Expert
    The white form for Visa holders will either be handed to you at check-in at Bristol or be available on the plane - don't worry about it. You will also have to complete a US Customs form, one per family as long as you all have the same surname.
    Clare R