Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you take your own food & drink into the parks?

Florida Chatterbox

Can you take your own food & drink into the parks?

Hi all, I cant remember if you can you take your own food & drink into the parks? I say no hubby says yes

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    You can't take a picnic basket or anything but you can take things like cookies, crisps etc

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Newbie
    I think it would depend on the park. I'm sure taking your lunch to the park is fine with most of them. Unless you mean Disneyland - They wouldn't want you bringing food into their park. You can find nice listings for florida vacations (edited out rental website) there. Sometimes I like to rent something other than a typical hotel room when I travel and this is a good resource for people looking for something different.
    Last edited by carolmc; 17-08-2011 at 00:07. Reason: advertising another site

Florida Expert
    We always take lunch with us, as two of our group have food allergies. Never had any problems. We have done this in all the parks.
    Jo

Super Moderator
    Never had any problems taking food in with us normally have a couple of ice packs as well and we leave it in the locker whilst walking round and go back for it when ready.

I don't think Busch Gardens will let you take your own food into the park. We have never tried but a lady, in front of us, at the entrance gate was not allowed. She had taken a lot of snacks for the children.
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Chatterbox
    You can't take food into Aquatica water park! We took some sandwiches etc and had to throw most away as they had big signs up and were searching bags. Saw a few families having their picnic outside before they went in, I presume a snack or two would be ok though just not a full picnic.
    Andy

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
    You can't take food into Aquatica water park! We took some sandwiches etc and had to throw most away as they had big signs up and were searching bags. Saw a few families having their picnic outside before they went in, I presume a snack or two would be ok though just not a full picnic.
    They have some funny rules. We were allowed individual bags of crisps but not a family bag. They were OK with drinks too. You can wrap quite a lot up in your towel too!!! We also had some cookies in a box and she took the box away , but let us take the cookies in the foil innner wrapper!
    Jo

When our grandchildren were small we always took food into the parks and never had a problem, used to hire a locker at the entrance and leave it in there and we always carry water with us and never had a problem. You could always leave it in the carpark in a cold box. In the past we have left the park gone to the large McDonalds and then back into the park but that was Disney.
    Val

I'm sorry to go off-topic, but Val's reference to that McDonalds has made me smile - every time we pass it I remember the looks of total confusion when we went in there 12 or 13 years ago and asked them if they had ANYTHING that didn't have meat in for my vege 7 year old. They could not grasp the concept of McDonalds food without meat. In the end they made her a cheeseburger without the meat - I explained to them that was called a Cheese Sandwich, but they insisted it was a cheeseburger with no meat!

Aquatica (attempting to go back on-topic here) will allow in cartons of fruit juice but ask you to remove the drinking straws. It's all about choking small birds/animals.
    Dave.