Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Event finder

Florida Savvy

Event finder

I've found an event finder on an Orlando website.
    It allows you to search for events on particular dates or between 2 dates. Very useful if you are looking for special events such as sports or music etc.

http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/orlando/

Florida Chatterbox
    Wow, this is a great find! It has an incredible amount of info on everything going on every day.
    When I punched in my dates for April visit, I saw that the Orlando Art Museum is having an exhibit by Dale Chihuly. I saw this exhibit in San Antonio last summer. It is AMAZING. Chihuly is a master glassblower in Seattle whose studio produces enormous and absolutely stunning huge pieces of art from colored glass. He is world renowned and has his pieces hanging over the canals in Venice and other public places. I highly recommend this show. It is stuning and like nothing you've ever seen. Absolutely worth seeing.

Florida Chatterbox
    I am so excited that about the Chihuly exhibit that I have rearranged our Orlando schedule to go to it. I have seen Chihuly's work before but I really want to expose my kids to his work. They are showing films on him and his work at the Olando museum during the show also- it is amazing to see how they make and construct the huge glass pieces.

Chihuly's website says that he has works in public places in London; I didn't know that.

If you would be interested in seeing some amazing pictures of the exhibit in Orlando, there are several sites on the web if you search for Chihuly. The best one I found just now is the following: Go to www.orlandocitybeat.com -- on that page, under "find an event" type in "art" and also type in "chihuly" in the "search for" section under where you typed in "art" -- when it takes you to the next screen, click on "view our photo gallery". There are 16 incredibly amazing photos to give you an idea of the exhibit.
    I will also post this on the "other things to do in orlando" part of the forum.