Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Recommend an Airline Suitable for people with Special Needs

Florida Expert

Recommend an Airline Suitable for people with Special Needs

Previously we've always flown with Virgin for their special assistance but this year their prices have become really pricey. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend any other airlines. We have a number of passengers in our party that have medical and mobility difficulties so I can't decide whether to pay the extra and fly with Virgin or whether to attempt a different airline as there will be at least 6 of us travelling. Any suggestions anyone?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Most airlines will have in place special assistance requirements, from wheelchairs to on board awareness of passengers travelling.

BA for one are very good in this area.

So long as you advise what you need when booking you should be fine.

Lynne

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I agree with Lynne-we have never had a "bad" experience over the years-I'd go for one of the scheduled as opposed to charter where the price suits you

Florida Expert
    Thanks for the advice. We had some good prices with Thomson but we've never flown to Sandford before. If it was a case of all passengers being fully mobile I'd jump at the chance to save over £500 but it's a grey area when you are used to having assistance.

Super Moderator
    I would have thought Sandford would have all the necessary help for passengers with mobility problems - why not contact them and ask or ask the airline as they also ought to know

Florida Chatterbox
    Our daughter uses a wheelchair and we have used Thomson into Sanford with no problems. I think all airlines have the necessary assistance in place. We have flown with BMI, Virgin, Thomson, United, American, Delta and US Airways and each time we have had assistance so I wouldn't worry about who you book with.

Linda

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We are both able bodied but on our last 2 flights into Sanford with Thomson I have seen several people wheeled into the departure lounge by airport staff and then collected again and taken to the aircraft when needed. I think you will find Thompson perfectly acceptable for your needs.
    Lyn

The US have introduced some pretty strict 'dignity' laws for people with special needs travelling to the USA, I would imagine all airlines, not just scheduled carriers have to abide by them
    Shirley