Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mummy - woosy riders please advise

Florida Expert

The Mummy - woosy riders please advise

2 trips agp I went on The Mummy ride and remember enjoying it but last time in the queue I chickened out and couldn't bring myself to do it. I hate steep climbs particularly but can do rides like The Runaway Train. Peeps like me who are not good on rides - am I right to avoid it or is it ok? Thank you [msnembarrased]

Quote Originally Posted by sammibabe View Post
    2 trips agp I went on The Mummy ride and remember enjoying it but last time in the queue I chickened out and couldn't bring myself to do it. I hate steep climbs particularly but can do rides like The Runaway Train. Peeps like me who are not good on rides - am I right to avoid it or is it ok? Thank you [msnembarrased]
    So why avoid it if you enjoyed it before ? I think part of the fun is the adrenaline you get when waiting in the queue.
    Make it your first ride of your trip then you'll be game for anything.

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by trupial View Post
    So why avoid it if you enjoyed it before ? I think part of the fun is the adrenaline you get when waiting in the queue.
    Make it your first ride of your trip then you'll be game for anything.
    The older I get the worse I get. Also felt queezy after simulator rides which I've always loved before and a few weeks ago had a bout of vertigo for the first time so that concerns me a little. Hard to explain with the rides [msnembarrased]

Quote Originally Posted by sammibabe View Post
    The older I get the worse I get. Also felt queezy after simulator rides which I've always loved before and a few weeks ago had a bout of vertigo for the first time so that concerns me a little. Hard to explain with the rides [msnembarrased]
    The first time we went to Orlando was in 2006, wife and I and our son (16), daughter (13). Wife and I terrified of rollercoasters decided we all go on the Mummy thinking it was a simulator, by the time we reached the top, it was too late to turn around so we went through with it. Wife absolutely hated it and I wasn't to keen on the coaster bit in the dark. But it took me to the second last day of our 2 weeks to pluck up enough courage to go on my first proper rollercoaster, The Kraken and loved it. On our next visit to Orlando I said that to get over my fear, I would go on what I thought would be the worst, The Hulk front row as soon as I went into the park, I did that and now have no fear of rollercoasters.

I don't fear roller coasters.... I just think it is really bad manners to throw up on the person sitting in front of me !!!![msnwink][sick]
    Wendy

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    I don't think it's as bad as the Simpsons ride. It is more of a roller coaster than a simulator but it's not a high one like Kraken etc

Sandra
    Sandra

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra M View Post
    I don't think it's as bad as the Simpsons ride. It is more of a roller coaster than a simulator but it's not a high one like Kraken etc

Sandra
    Simpson ride [sick][sick]
    Wendy

Florida Expert
    Having had that completely irrational experience when you chickened out on a ride you know you like, I think I am qualifed to advise. The Mummy is on my list of can dos - I hate the climbs up because of the anticipation of the down.

The Mummy doesn't have that and the visual efffects are so good there are plenty of distractions. If you can do the runnaway train your'll be fine, but i know its harder than someone telling you it'll be OK - you have your head to convince!
    Jo

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    Having had that completely irrational experience when you chickened out on a ride you know you like, I think I am qualifed to advise. The Mummy is on my list of can dos - I hate the climbs up because of the anticipation of the down.

The Mummy doesn't have that and the visual efffects are so good there are plenty of distractions. If you can do the runnaway train your'll be fine, but i know its harder than someone telling you it'll be OK - you have your head to convince!
    Thanks Jo - I'll try and give it a go [msneek]

I cannot do most of the rides, frightened of rollercoasters but love the Mummy. Do this ride over and over, then think I can do others and then chicken out. My dream is to do the Hulk but not sure I will ever summon up the courage.
    Jan