Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mummy - woosy riders please advise

Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    I cannot do most of the rides, frightened of rollercoasters but love the Mummy. Do this ride over and over, then think I can do others and then chicken out. My dream is to do the Hulk but not sure I will ever summon up the courage.
    To be honest, one of the scariest parts of a ride for me is on the Mummy when on the rollercoaster part in the dark.
    We have been to Orlando 3 times now and never been to a Disney park, the smoothest coaster I've been on has to be The Kraken or Manta.

Florida Expert
    I prefer the in the dark ones as you can't see what's coming next!
    Jo

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    I cannot do most of the rides, frightened of rollercoasters but love the Mummy. Do this ride over and over, then think I can do others and then chicken out. My dream is to do the Hulk but not sure I will ever summon up the courage.
    I did do the Hulk on the trip I did the Mummy but couldn't bring myself again (practically hyperventilating in the queue made me feel very peculiar) so chickened out and think that is what unnerved me for the Mummy last time

Quote Originally Posted by sammibabe View Post
    I did do the Hulk on the trip I did the Mummy but couldn't bring myself again (practically hyperventilating in the queue made me feel very peculiar) so chickened out and think that is what unnerved me for the Mummy last time
    Thats a shame because I think you would enjoy them, but there is no point making yourself ill.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I love the mummy! Its not an 'intense' roller coaster but is one of the more extreme rides in Universal (btw i wont go on the Rip Ride Rokit!) Id give it a go - i love all the detail in the queues and the whole build up to the ride

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    I love the mummy! Its not an 'intense' roller coaster but is one of the more extreme rides in Universal (btw i wont go on the Rip Ride Rokit!) Id give it a go - i love all the detail in the queues and the whole build up to the ride
    It's the steep climbs and drops that I can't cope with, scary stuff is fine. So in what way is it 'one of the more extreme' (can't remember from 5 years ago!)?

Florida Expert
    this made me feel sick never again sorry
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

You couldn't pay me any amount to go on "Aerosmith" again (at Disney Hollywood Studios) I thought I was falling out of my seat and I was going to die. Horrendous. I also saw a crying teenage girl being helped out of the Tower of Terror (also at DHS) by her friends. She was in a terrible state, shaking and crying. Not for me.
    Hazel Coates

Florida Expert
    Did it and NEVER AGAIN! The bugs and all that fine it was the coaster part was hideous. Having said that my youngest said I was embarrassing cos I screamed my way round flight of the hippogriff (?spelling?)