Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool toys on the last day?

Pool toys on the last day?

What does everyone that buys inflatable pool toys do with them on the last day? The first villa we ever stayed in had a policy of "leave the villa the same way you found it" They did not want anything at all left behind.
    We always go to Walmart when we get there and pick up toys for our daughters to use in the pool. We usually buy a couple of beach balls, a couple of lilos and one or two of the bigger "ride on" type inflatables.
    We always pop them on the last day because we are not going to bring them home with us. The girls actually make a game out of popping them and have quite a bit of fun!
    Does anyone take them back home with them or does everyone pop them on the last day?

Florida Expert
    As a villa owner I am quite open to guests leaving balls and inflatables behind when they leave. Our area was recently kitted out with wheelie bins and the old dustbin is great for storing these items. Each time I visit, generally three times a year, I to go through all the items and throw out any that are past their use-by status. I do leave in my Villa Notes file a statement along the lines of 'some of the pool toys have been left by previous guests and as the villa owner I am not responsible for the supply or condition of them'.

So in essence I would say, don't pop them (however much fun it is) but if there is a suitable place in the garage to leave them then do so. The first villa you stayed in didn't want this so you go by that instruction.
    Clare R

I agree with Clare - I am happy for guests to leave their inflatables in the garage. I am also happy with guests leaving books they have read and for them to take with them a book from the collection we provide if they are part way through reading it. We have an ever changing library this way.

It's always entertaining when we visit our villa to discover what guests have left !!!
    We always 're-stock' the pool toys with noodles (as they are fairly unbreakable), but they have usually been joined by various blow-up rings & airbeds....
    Bestest to date was a HUGE blow-up crocodile (maybe alligator) that lasted a whole season...
    Our 'library' rotates continually, usually 'girlie' romances. Is it only women who read on holiday ????

I love going to my villa to find, there is always pool toys left by guest and other things.

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

we have bought radio controlled boats for the 'boys' to play with (i mean 51 year old and 28 year old) as they love it, but we have given them to the MC for their kids... seem to be appreciated, also we leave the pool toys by the pool and again let the MC decide what to keep or take or even pop... we pay a lot of money for some fun toys and hate throwing them, but MC's who have come from the UK and live and work there seem to appreciate some things... we leave a note with stuff we have left in the fridge freezer as it seems to wasteful to chuck... also some clothing we couldnt fit in, i believe they use a recyle/refuge or something 32 days and counting!!
    Liesa

We're with the other owners here - and the evolving book library - all we ask is if you take a book you leave a book.

The only thing, is, I do worry about some of the really huge inflatables as some of them seem inherently unstable - I just have visions of kiddie clambering on, it tipping, crack - head hit on side of the pool - eeek! That's me probably talking more as a parent than a villa owner, though.
    Euan

We always buy pool toys and leave these. We have also bought the odd electrical item (eg. electric kettle, slow cooker-very useful, hot meal waiting for you when you return late from the parks) and left these with receipt and instructions (email sent to owner to advise).
    Jan

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    The villa we used to stay in never had any pool toys, we have left noodles etc. but they were never any there when we returned. We have recently bought our own villa and are using the same management company. When Bill went to there home to see them there were a number of noodles near the dustbin, when he asked they said they had been left in the villas they manage and they always throw them away as owners don't like the mess! I agree you can have to much stuff but a few pool toys is always a nice find I think.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I cant see the harm in leaving one or two inflatables