Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pool toys on the last day?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    I cant see the harm in leaving one or two inflatables

yes but times by how many?? lol i guess the MC have to use discretion here...
    Liesa

Super Moderator
    We say books and pool toys can never be guaranteed and like others we ask if you take a book you leave a book. At present we have a very nice 'gator' for our pool left by a guest over a year ago. It is a bit of an adventure to see what we will find what we do not like is to find what we have lost - last time we found someone had helped themselves to our electric pumpkin lantern [!]

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    I cant see the harm in leaving one or two inflatables
    The problem is if the next guest's have any sort of accident using left over pool inflatables then the owner could be sued, our management company always remove any that have been left behind for that reason.

If we arrive and find any left there then as owners we can use them but you can see the problems it could cause.

Like other villa owners it is always interesting to find what has been left by guests for the pool but we have a policy with our Management that if we have too many that they will either take them to other villas who have none or just dispose of them. Our library also changes every time we go over, I love reading so usually take the ones I have read and leave and sometimes even bring books home that have been left to read, a constant turnover.
    Val

It really depends - we had someone who left some small tennis rackets, they had a covering of plastic which disintegrated, MC left them lying on pool deck, and the inner was metal and left a bad stain on the pool deck and also in the pool as it had obviously at some point been on the bottom of the pool. As we had only recently had the pool resurfaced we were not amused. We have now insisted that the MC removes ALL pool toys after each clean, mind you they often forget, but I send them an email to remind them. We had to redo the pool deck, but have not been able to get the rust mark off the bottom of the pool.

I also agree that if an accident were to happen with a pool toy they owner could be sued, people will sue for anything these days. Safer to have them removed.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox
    Our MC removes all toys from the deck area. We too have an abundance of books. I usually take over the ones I have read however this policy of paying extra for a second case this may be a thing of the past.

We always leave the pool toys behind and i have taken a book but always replace with the previous one i read, its no good to me after i read and hopefully the next will. great to recycle
    Randy Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    We're with the other owners here - and the evolving book library - all we ask is if you take a book you leave a book.
    We have always done this but I wonder if the advent of e readers will affect the number of books left. I have just been away and would usually take half a dozen books and leave them behind where ever I was when I finished them, but this year it was just the Kindle!

Liz

We also leave pool toys in the garage for guests, I think most people appreciate it, and as said before it is interesting to see what has been left since our last visit. We always check through them while there and throw the tatty ones away. Inflatables seem to have a limited life and we often replace them.
    Also have a book library, but find that guests leave behind far more books than they take away and we end up with so many on the shelves that I regularly take a carrier bag full up to the clubhouse for guests' use there. Came out on one visit to find a lot of Mills and Boon (definitely not to my taste!) but next visit they had all gone, so at least someone enjoyed them.
    Sandra