Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usa visa

Florida Newbie

usa visa

my husband had to apply for a new passport after it had expired, which ment that the usa visa is on the old passport and not the new one. we are due to go to orlando on September 11th would this still be valid if he took his old passport as the visa still has another 6years before it expires.
    elaine nicholl

Florida Expert
    This is not a problem. Travel with two passports, have been doing this for about 4 years now with another 4 years to go.
    Clare R

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    You can take both passports im sure

You can definitely continue to use the old passport.

Florida Newbie
    I was going to ask this question too. I called netflights and he said that my husband would need another visa as it wasn't in the new passport but I was sure people had said just take both passports. Its confusing but want to know for use.

We have renewed our UK passports twice now where our USA Visa is still current, and have always taken new and old UKpassports with us,as others have said you take 2 passports with and present both when you get to immigration

Florida Chatterbox
    Has any one with a US Visa in their passport applied for and received their new passport recently?

I sent my soon to expire passport which had my visa inside, the visa still has a few years before it expires. I have received my lovely new passport and it has two photos one on the page with my personal details then on the facing page there is a photo printed within the page. It also says on this page "This page is reserved for Official Observations"

My question is; will I receive my old passport with my visa or does this new passport have my visa details embedded into it?

I would imagine you need the old visa, visas are not embedded. For a definitive answer you need to contact the embassey.

Liz, they sent my new passport recently and the old passport came a few days later. I was quite concerned but it all worked out so give it a few days. You will definitely need your old passport with your visa in it as well as the new passport.

Florida Expert
    When I renewed my passport including the Visa I stuck that many post-it notes over it with 'do not deface page .....' and an accompanying letter, it all came back fine.
    Clare R