Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey

Without giving anything away is this a simulator like the simpsons, or is it a "ride" like the mummy?

You can say it is both, but the coolest I ever did [msnsmile2]
    Bente

Administrator
    It's more like Spiderman in terms of it goes along a path rather than on a fixed spot like The Simpsons.

Albert the Frog, it is truly amazing. I am not really sure how to describe it, but you sit in a seat and have a restraint which comes over you, so that tells you that it is going to be quite extreme. It does move along (a bit like Spiderman) but faster and more violently, and you really feel as if you are going to different places, but it swoops and rises and is SO realistic that your heart nearly stops - well mine did! But we went on it 4 times in a row so it is positively addictive.

DO ride it. It is absolutely fantastic.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    Ok, can i have some clarification please! I love Soarin and Spiderman, felt a bit queasy after Simpsons last time but will try again and went on The Mummy 2 trips ago but not last time. Don't like any big rides such as Hulk or Everest (do go on the Baby Shamu ride at Seaworld) Is it for me or not please? [msnembarrased]

Well, Sammibabe, where roller coasters are concerned, I am the ultimate wimp, I went on the Mummy and was petrified, and looked positively green on the one occassion that I went on Everest. So the HP ride is definitely not like a roller coaster. But it is quite intense, although I really loved it. You do move around and as you are 'flying' there is a feeling of soaring up in the air and down again, and the seat moves and tips you a bit, but you are held fast by the harness. Don't want to spoil it for others so can't really describe it in any more detail. As a wimp I was certainly ok with it, so maybe you would be too. I didn't care much for the Simpsons ride, either, and although it is a simulator I had to close my eyes once or twice, but definitely didn't need to do that on the HP ride. So I would say, give it a go!
    ellie

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Its a mix of simulation and real life action - if i had to compare it to anything its more like the Spiderman ride but with much smoother sweeping motions...no drops or spinning. Its the best ride in any of the parks in my opinion - truly brilliant...id definitely give it a go - its not sickly and nothing like a roller coaster - my other half is very queasy but he was fine on this and we rode it about 6 times on our last trip.

Florida Expert
    Brill, thanks and I will give it a go

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    You will love it

Absolutely loved especially the flying
    Lynne