Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Cook

Florida Savvy

Thomas Cook

Normally fly with Virgin but to expensive so going to try Thomas Cook this year out of Manchester in August ,just went to book seats and its going to cost £120 for six of us ,we are three adults one sixteen and two fifteen year olds. If I dont book seats is it likely we will be seperated ,also does anybody know if it is free beverages with TC ?? Hope this is not the start of the hidden extras

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    I think this is an issue. Lots of companies tempt you with "Headline" prices only to sting you for all the extras.[msnmad]

I hope your not going to find this is the case here.
    mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    The number of airlines offering free seat pre-selection is very small these days. £20 each is at the cheaper end (I assume that's each way) so if it's worth that to you, go for it but I doubt they'll guarantee that 6 of you will be seated together.

Just get to the airport early would be my advice.
    Angela

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We're flying BA and you don't get free seat allocation with them either. I shall endevour to do online check in exactly 24 hours before departure. On the plus side a flight without my husband and son is quite attractive to me.

On the extras side a lot of the charter flights also charge for baggage and food so probably worth checking this out
    Christine

I looked at Thomas Cook but found the add on's soon bumped up the price, I'm sure there is a thread about them somewhere on this site?[msnsad] hope you have got the elusive good deal.
    Diane.

Florida Savvy
    Hope it works out for you! When I looked at Thomas cook you had to pay for seat selection so you could sit together , however I'm sure that meals were included but I think I read something about beverages for purchase, also fare included 15 kilo luggage and you had to pay to upgrade to 20 kilos I think! Not a lot!! Initially the fare seemed quite good but when you got to the bottom line it was as expensive as anywhere else! Sorry if this makes things worse for you! To b honest I think people should just stop paying to select seats and see what The airlines do then!!!
    Pauline mccluskey

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    Maisy, If you book "Premium' , then you will be able to choose your own seats and will have free drinks too
    Tricia

Florida Chatterbox
    We flew with TC this year and they no longer offer the premium service only premium seats on the return leg. Something to do with air tax rules. They do charge for all extras however if you decline them you can go on line aand add them as a bundle at a saving. By the time everything added it was not much cheaper than I normally pay but at least the flight was direct. Be careful as they advertise. 33 seat pitch with seat back tv but they also run a few flights with 29 inch and no seat tv. This is only obvious if you book on there website if you book through an independent or travel agent then you will not know for certain what you will get. Having said all that the light out went ok apart from 3.5 hour delay and I am looking forward to the premium seats we have booked for the return flight next week. Provided they don't change them last minute

Florida Chatterbox
    Sorry about some of above. Combination of predictive text and poor eyesight. Would have added glaring sun but sadly bot got any down in Marco island at the moment