Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resale of Multi day tickets

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester

Resale of Multi day tickets

Just read this on 13 News

KISSIMMEE -- More than a dozen people were busted in Osceola County on charges of illegally reselling theme park tickets.
    Deputies say a 4-day undercover crackdown resulted in 3,617 theme park tickets valued at more than more than $1 million worth of fraudulent tickets found at 10 businesses along US Highway 192.
    A total of 14 people were booked into the Osceola County Jail.
    • Juan Roman Jr., 29, of Orlando
    • David Cohen, 22, of Orlando
    • Jokhan Pradeep, 36, of Kissimmee
    • Angel Gonzalez, 46, of Kissimmee
    • Mark Gramley, 26, of Kissimmee
    • Wayne Bradshaw, 51, of Kissimmee
    • Craig Dmitruk, 26
    • Cameron Hope, 43, of Windermere
    • Amber Beckwith, 23, of Kissimmee
    • Michelle Johnson, 22, of Orlando
    • Joseph Leech, 33, of Orlando
    • Michael Robinson, 56, of Davenport
    • Randy Gulkin, 53, of Boca Raton
    • Aaron Kimmins, 20, of Port St. Lucie
    Deputies also seized $41,000 in cash.
    In addition, detectives arrested Robert Campbell, 21, of Orlando, for obstruction. They said Campbell served as a lookout at one of the ticket booths. Ali Said, 28, of Kissimmee, was also arrested for sale and delivery of marijuana for selling drugs to ticket booth workers.
    Detectives recovered half pound of marijuana when Said was arrested.
    Re-selling multi-day theme park passes has been illegal since 1998.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    They busted some places on 192 a while ago.
    I don't know why they don't keep on top of it as you see these "offers" all the time. They must turn a blind eye until it gets too political not to step in.

It has been said many times before on this and other forms DO NOT SELL YOU TICKET OR BUY A TICKET FROM THESE OUTLETS.
    Last edited by DLB-GOUROCK; 23-07-2011 at 21:25. Reason: fixed typo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We've put the thread as a sticky so it stays at the top of the area as it's very useful information we get asked time and time again.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Are these the people in the random little booths in places like Sizzler/Ponderosa and the 99 cent stores on international drive?

Pretty much the booths, yes. Also working in eBay seller who is renting out his annual passes for free parking, claiming that Disney do not ask for ID, the tickets are strictly non transferrable and this muppet is trying rent them out.

I wonder how they all get away with having those balloons outside advertising these illegal tickets!

Florida Chatterbox
    Exactly!
    Hence my comment in post #2

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    If you ask me, even a newbie to Florida must realise theres something illegal going on - i wonder just how many tourists get duped with this scam every year? IMO the police should be doing more to tackle it - raids every now and then wont stop these touts as in the gaps between crackdowns they will make thousands scamming people.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
    If you ask me, even a newbie to Florida must realise theres something illegal going on - i wonder just how many tourists get duped with this scam every year? IMO the police should be doing more to tackle it - raids every now and then wont stop these touts as in the gaps between crackdowns they will make thousands scamming people.
    I'm not surprised at all people fall for it.
    Many years ago before fingerprints were taken buying those tickets worked just fine and saved you a lot of money, so I'm sure many tourists still think it's okay. Before reading more about the fingerprinted tickets 2 years ago I could have given you the wrong advice, as I hadn't been to Florida since 1994.
    Plus those people are everywhere and in plain view, why would you think they're doing something illegal?
    And they're extremely good at convincing people they're selling the real stuff. I've listened to them trying to talk some people into buying tickets while we were standing in line I don't remember where (Golden Corral?). I jumped into the conversation and told about the fingerprints and names on the tickets and got the look that kills [].
    Then of course there will always be people to fall into the biggest scams. I get emails everyday from people who supposedly want to rent that many rooms at my B&B for a month at an above market price because they love my place sooooo much and they'll pay upfront if I send them my account number or they need for me to first send 400€ to get 4000€.. blah blah blah ... Of course it is an obvious money scam. But believe it or not, there are fellow B&B owners who fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lafifille View Post
    Many years ago before fingerprints were taken buying those tickets worked just fine and saved you a lot of money, .
    Sorry but 'worked just fine' has never been the case. No one knows the true amount of folks who end up with expired tickets trying to get into the parks and then have to pay full price on top of the dodgy tickets they have bought.