Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Place To Eat Quality Food

Florida Newbie

Best Place To Eat Quality Food

Hi,

Can anyone give me some suggestions for great places to eat that serve quality food - not pondorosa type places.

We are not fussy eaters at all so don't have any specific types of meals.

We will have a 2 year old with us so anywhere that also does great kids meals would also be appreciated.

Regards,
    Josh

Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, Carrabbas, Red Lobster, Outback, Longhorn Steakhouse are all middle of the road type restaurants that are great for families.
    Caroline & Dave

Not definitive but these are a few of our favs.

Bahama Breeze
    Olive Garden
    Sweet Tomatoes
    Cheesecake factory
    Outback Steakhouse
    Town Tavern (Celebration)
    Kona Cafe (Disneys Polynesian Resort)

The list is very long so other may wish to add. If you are looking for fine dining then head to Winter Park or Sandlake Road (google Restaurant Row Sandlake Road )
    Angela

Sorry must have been typing at the same time as Caroline but look at the ones we both mentioned The fact we started with the same 2 is probably a good indicator of where to try.
    Angela

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    Longhorns on the 192 very good and TGI Friday
    Gail

Personally I think the quality of food in restaurants in Florida is of a high standard and all the above mentioned I would agree with and add Manny's Original Chophouse to the list. We also love the Elephant Bar near the Millenia Mall and if you like Chinese can highly recomend P.F.Chang's also near the Mall. With a 2 year old some of the Buffet menus are very good but never think you get quite as high a standard as served fresh to the table.
    Val

Florida Chatterbox
    When our grandchildren were around the same age as your little one we took them to the Grand Floridian for breakfast, they loved spending time having their photo done with the characters. It is a buffet, if my memory serves me rightly I don`t think we had to pay for the little ones.

We also went to the Rain Forest Cafe, two of the little ones loved it the other one was a little frightened at first, then he settled once he got his food.

Like many have said most restaurants make a fuss of the children so you should be fine. The Cheesecake Factory were excellent they brought a small plate with some sliced banana and something else which kept the children quiet while we looked at the menu.

Florida Newbie
    Thank you so much to everyone for their suggestions - much appreciated!

We are going for 3 weeks and it can't come quickly enough, so will definitely try and visit all of the suggested restaurants.

On the flip side of the coin......... are there any places we should avoid?............. If any?

Regards,
    Josh

We would pick Seasons 52 or Bonefish Grill, both on Sand Lake Rd. Lovely.
    Regards, Mark

I would agree with all of the above... yet to try Seasons 52 or the Elephant bar though
    Shirley