Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Cumbrian Lakes vs Windsor Hills

Florida Newbie

Cumbrian Lakes vs Windsor Hills

Can anyone tell me the major differences between these two communities or whether youve had good/bad experiences in them?

I can see Windsor Hills has on site entertainment such as the kids areas, large pool and clubhouse that Cumbrian Lakes doesnt seem to have, but we have bee quoted 25% mor for Windsor Hills and I want to know if its worth it!

Does it ever get crowded there?

We are going for Xmas if thats any help.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by DominicHayhoe View Post
    Can anyone tell me the major differences between these two communities or whether youve had good/bad experiences in them?

I can see Windsor Hills has on site entertainment such as the kids areas, large pool and clubhouse that Cumbrian Lakes doesnt seem to have, but we have bee quoted 25% mor for Windsor Hills and I want to know if its worth it!

Does it ever get crowded there?

We are going for Xmas if thats any help.
    I know im biased here but as a owner on Windsor Hills I have to say we think its a fantastic resort, you are right that it has many ammienities including a great pool area with spas, kids fountians, slides and a new tikki bar as well as gym, games room and a 50 seat cinema. It also has a very good kids playground and of course as a gated resort it has a 24 hour maned gatehouse.

The location is excellent if intending to visit Disney as we are less than 2 miles from main gate, also being just off the 192 you have so many options for places to eat and shop etc. Of course for this you wil find that rates are higher than almost any other resort but then agin as the saying goes " you get what you pay for", if you need any other information just let me know.

rob

Dominic,

Most owners will think their own location is superb otherwise they would not have purchased there.

The thing to remember is that while you are in Orlando you will spend a lot of your time at Malls and theme parks if you are the 'normal' type of visitor. This may even increase as you are going at Christmas and there will be even more things to see and do. It does get very busy around the 25th and the Magic Kingdom often closes to new visitors around late morning on the 25th as it has reached it's maximum capacity.

So where's all this leading, well I think your number one priority should be not the LOCATION but the VILLA. This is where you will spend most of your time, you need to pick a home that has the facilities and 'feel' that you want. Pick a home where you want to relax when you are not out and about. Decide if you will use the extra facilities of a club house and build this into your short list process.

Once you have a short list of homes that you would be happy in then have a look at the price. Why do it this way, well the difference in price between the homes you like will only be around a few hundred pounds. Now compare this to the total cost of a Christmas visit (Flights,Car,Park tickets,Food and spending) say a minimum of £5000.

Yes it's real money but when you are spending this much you want to get the place where you will spend most of your time right.

I know this does not answer the specific question you asked about 'if it was worth it'. However if you apply the process above you may be able to answer that question yourself.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Junior
    Ask your self if you would like a pvt. pool without neighbors on both sides, it can help choose a villa and does the owner decorate the villa for xmas. I like both features and it really helps me when selecting a villa. Over all most villas are very nice and can drive one crazy when selecting one.