Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: going to be lonely next trip...

Unhappy going to be lonely next trip...

[msnsad] there will be just Steve myself and Lauren for our next trip this coming september.... we had 15 of us there last time and now just us 3 in a 4 bed house, and Lauren will be just 16, was going to put on hold and go next year but our eldest daughter Kerrie will be getting married to her lovely fella Andy (father to their 2 children, big white wedding) so we have decided in 2013 we will have another big trip... Steve and I taking them all again cant wait but feels like its going to be such a long wait, going to try and take the time to have a look around at things we havent seen yet...
    Liesa

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    We have had a few of trips now without everyone, sometimes Catherine has come and sometimes just the two of us - it is different but you can relax a bit and have a break before the next big trip [msnsmile] and maybe have time to look for some new things to do when you are all out there together in 2013 [msnsmile2]
    Frances

Florida Savvy
    The last few times we visited it was with family but this time it's just me and the other half!! Hopefully we will be able to do things that we can't afford to normally do as we end up paying for our grown up children etc or they just don't want to do. Might visit the manatees or drive south, or drive on beach at Daytona, visit nice restaurants etc. What are you going to do?

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Aww dont be sad Leisa - just think of all the food sampling you can do and the fun you'll have finding loads to do for the big family trip in 2013!

We also are only a few know. Just four of us and a four bedroom villa, bit sad but we have decided to do a bit of exploring for a few days. No longer tied to making everyone happy, we can be a bit more carried along with the flow. Arriving in Miami, down the keys, back to Miami and then along the tiamiami trail to Naples. Next up the gulf coast until finally arriving in Orlando. End of holiday, early start and back to Miami, explore area befor flying out just before midnight. We too possibly have a wedding next year, our daughter, this is the reason that her and her fiancee have cancelled joining us our holiday.
    Jan

There is so much you will be able to do when there are only a few people to please. You will find it a much more relaxing holiday and you can fill your time without going near a theme park. We love to visit Celebration and have a coffee whilst sitting in the rocking chairs around the lake, then we take a walk around the lake where you will spot turtles and aligators if you are lucky. Or up to Lake Louisa State Park on Highway 27 - there is a beach around the lake, picnic tables, fishing piers, boat rides in season and lovely nature walks.

I could go on but I won't!!!!

You will hopefully see a completely different side of Florida then you usually see when you travel in a big party.

Have a wonderful time.

think this wll be a must to try celebration for a coffee... lol have heard so many talk about how lovely it is... have driven around on the first trip in 2002 also must go see the manatees... i forgot about them please dont stop.. am open for ideas... not keen on the parks anyway so quieter pace is great for us! we can go mad when theyre all with us again in the coming florida holidays x
    thanks all.... cant wait to go....
    Jan sounds very exciting!! hope we get a trip report...
    Liesa

our september trip

Were doing the same in sept. It will be my own family this trip as well. Our trip in April there were 13 of us. So I thought it would be nice to have a family trip to relax and rest it will be a low key trip. Were going to do circle de soliel as well.
    Randy Johnston

Florida Expert
    Feel for you Liesa but some of these are great ideas and will give you a different holiday to the usual theme park stuff - sure you will have a great time
    Last edited by sammibabe; 20-07-2011 at 21:52.