Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weather

Florida Newbie

weather

Hi All, its been a while since last visit, we are now planning another trip in a few weeks, can anyone tell me what the weather is like at the mo, we assume sunny during the day maybe rain in the evening is that correct??

Thanks

Hi,
    I take it you are going to Orlando!

Try this http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...do+FL+USFL0372

Summer in Florida tends to be a low night temperature of around 75 degs with a mid afternoon in the low 90's.

The sudden heating of the land causes the air to rise which sucks in new air from the coast. It's this damp air that gives the afternoon storms. They tend to move quickly and be fairly local.

You will find many who have seen this pattern, I have seen it raining on one side of Downtown Disney while the other was bone dry.

Regards
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Oops yes forgot to say we are going to orlando also planning to go over to gulf coast at some point, have been hearing that the weather is much worse than normal for this time of year, rain most of the day rather than odd showers just wondered if anyone is out there now and can let me know the real weather lol! Thanks this forum is great

I alway check on the national weather service website, alway accurate. Hot but thunderstorms at present.

Val

According to the CCTV camera at our gate the sun is shining at this moment- (one of the few perks of being HOA Board member) so can tell you exactly what is happening at our development but as I know to my cost what happens there or at Disney or Universal can be very different. Local really is local. The rain at the moment is only making up for the drought of the previous months so I am grateful that my planting is not suffering so much now and may actually grow some. Not much fun if you happen to be in the middle of it. We were in the Dominican Republic a few years ago and the poor tour operator rep was blamed for the rain storms there and went into hiding after all the abuse she got from one guest. Just mother nature redressing the balance I am afraid. Oh and the local temperature at my home is 80F and my pool temperature is 86.5F - isn't technology wonderful!!!
    Last edited by Jeanmd; 12-07-2011 at 12:27.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I wish i was going in a few weeks! Lovely weather in Orlando!

Just spoken with our neighbour in Kissimmee and she says that it has been very hot and exceptionally wet. At this time of year it usually rains most afternoons but clears up quickly, but like all over the world, weather seems to be weird this year. It has been much wetter than usual, but perhaps by the time you get there it may have improved, at least I hope so.

Andrena

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsy View Post
    Oops yes forgot to say we are going to orlando also planning to go over to gulf coast at some point, have been hearing that the weather is much worse than normal for this time of year, rain most of the day rather than odd showers just wondered if anyone is out there now and can let me know the real weather lol! Thanks this forum is great
    Utter rubbish, don't know where you heard that but it is totally untrue. The weather for the whole of July is as it is every year.

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    Just spoken with our neighbour in Kissimmee and she says that it has been very hot and exceptionally wet. At this time of year it usually rains most afternoons but clears up quickly, but like all over the world, weather seems to be weird this year. It has been much wetter than usual, but perhaps by the time you get there it may have improved, at least I hope so.

Andrena
    I am not sure where your friend is or what she is comparing it to but the weather this month is no different from the past 4 years.