Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Car Hire solution?

Florida Newbie

Best Car Hire solution?

Hi, I have finally booked flights to Orlando for September, can't wait!
    I now want to get the car hire sorted, with pick-up from Orlando International Airport. There will be one driver (over 25) and I want to know what the best company is to book with?
    I have also read some great things about the car hire provided by Roger on this forum and would prefer to use this.
    I have got the prices etc, I just want to know what insurances etc this includes and what is the recommended insurance to have?

Even if you wish to email me Roger, that would be great.

Thanks

Florida Expert
    We always use US Car Hire and the services and prices are excellent. We have booked for August using Alamo and everything is included apart from the tank of fuel (silver option), sales tax @ 7% and another fee which I think is an airport charge. We were advised of this when we registered for the fast track system yesterday but, I think , is all standard stuff. Insurances, CDW and all that sort of stuff is included. One of the reasons we use this site is you know what you're paying with no nasty surprises or what looks like a good price only to find that there is a load of other charges to go on top

Administrator
    Just to point out the $12.50 customer facility charge at Orlando is now built in to our rates, so even if it shows it when you register online, you wont be charged for it (if so we can get you a refund on your return).

We find that the insurances which are provided by Roger and uscarhire.co.uk are some of the most comprehensive you can get. We want complete peace of mind when we are driving in Florida, and both the Silver and Gold options provide just that - in fact, such things as UMP (uninsured or under-insured motorist protection) come as standard when many companies charge you extra. My recommendation is that, whoever you book with, make sure you DO have all the insurances CDW, UMP, SLI. If you go on the site you will see more information about what is included.

You won't go wrong if you book with uscarhire.co.uk. You will be fully covered.

Hope you have a great holiday.
    ellie

usacarhire everytime for us. We always used their Dollar option but more recently have preferred Alamo. We have been able to select our own vehicle and the staff have been very helpful. I had an incident last year and needed their (Alamo) help and they could not have been more efficient or helpful and it was becasue my insurance was the best (Thanks to Roger) No worries when you go with usacarhire
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhomebuyer View Post
    usacarhire everytime for us. We always used their Dollar option but more recently have preferred Alamo. We have been able to select our own vehicle and the staff have been very helpful. I had an incident last year and needed their (Alamo) help and they could not have been more efficient or helpful and it was becasue my insurance was the best (Thanks to Roger) No worries when you go with usacarhire
    To be fair to Dollar a couple of trips ago we had an accident a couple of years ago when a driver behind drove a truck and trailer into the back of our car. Dollar were great and as our car was still drivable (the highway patrol and tow truck company checked it over and drove it to test it, we took it back to the airport as it was sunday evening and all the offices on the 192 were closed. Got back to the airport, guy looked at the Sherriffs report which showed the other driver was fully to blame and said you've got everything covered on the insurance, inlcuding the excess, choose another car and you're set. We didnt have any costs come throguh after we returned home either.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Hi all, thanks for all the responses and opinions. I have just booked the car through uscarhire. I see we can pay £25 now then the rest 8 weeks before we go, can we choose to pay it all upfront? Thanks

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Just to point out the $12.50 customer facility charge at Orlando is now built in to our rates, so even if it shows it when you register online, you wont be charged for it (if so we can get you a refund on your return).
    Roger, we are picking up at Miami does the same apply or is the charge to be paid to them as quoted when we registered for fast track with Alamo? Thanks

Administrator
    If you prefer to pay it all up front, then just send us an email with your order number and a request to take full payment now.

Administrator
    I confirm the customer facility (CFC) charge is included for Miami, so you will find you are not actually charged this on collection of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by sammibabe View Post
    Roger, we are picking up at Miami does the same apply or is the charge to be paid to them as quoted when we registered for fast track with Alamo? Thanks