Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Hire at Tampa

Florida Savvy
    Can anyone confirm that you CAN choose your own vehicle from Alamo at Tampa? My DH thinks it is not available everywhere and I'd love to prove him wrong so we can get something booked pretty soon!

Thanks.

Florida Newbie
    Indian Ridge Oaks since 1997. www.orlando.uk.com

Alamo car nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by SandraBulmer View Post
    Can anyone confirm that you CAN choose your own vehicle from Alamo at Tampa? My DH thinks it is not available everywhere and I'd love to prove him wrong so we can get something booked pretty soon!

Thanks.
    Sandra,

We used Alamo at Tampa last month and were able to select our own vehicle. Less than happy with the extreme hard sell on insurances, upgrades, etc though....

/ Jim

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jcargill View Post
    Sandra,

We used Alamo at Tampa last month and were able to select our own vehicle. Less than happy with the extreme hard sell on insurances, upgrades, etc though....

/ Jim
    That is a shame as last year we used Alamo at Tampa and they did not try and hard sell us anything.

Florida Savvy
    Thanks Jim. Can I ask what category of vehicle you had booked, what you picked and what were the other choices available in your category? Not too concerned about the hard sell - DH is wise to it all!

Sandra

Administrator
    Sorry to hear of your hard sell. Another benefit of the Alamo kiosks!

Florida Newbie
    Indian Ridge Oaks since 1997. www.orlando.uk.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraBulmer View Post
    Thanks Jim. Can I ask what category of vehicle you had booked, what you picked and what were the other choices available in your category? Not too concerned about the hard sell - DH is wise to it all! Sandra
    The thing is I am used to hard sells too...

Anyway, we selected a Chevy Impala (Full size). Can't remember what else there was but it seemed the most capacious of those on view. Got our two large suitcases easily in the trunk.

Boring car though...totally characterless... :-)

/ Jim