Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Flying lesson in Florida

Florida Newbie

Flying lesson in Florida

I would like to arrange this for my husbands birthday, he can already fly but his hours have lapsed. Can anyone recommend somewhere close to Clermont?

Hi,

I think the nearest place to Clermont would be Kissimmee Gateway Airport in Hoagland Road (off the US192). They have a large Flying school there. Just travel East on the 192 past Medieval Times and Hoagland is on the right.

Hope this helps

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I've used Kissimmee Aviation before and enjoyed it. I got a US PPL on the back of my UK one and after a check ride with one of their instructors, went out for a few trips on my own exploring all that Central Florida has to offer.

I even got to do the infamous Kennedy Space Center tour when they still allowed you to do it... Call up Nasa Tower when near to the coast and they used to give you permission to head direct to the Shuttle Assembly Building before overflying the shuttle landing runway no lower than 500ft. Absolutely amazing and a real privilege to be able to do. Shame I could not get any pictures (as I was flying the plane and thus otherwise occupied).

Unfortunately with all the terror threats, they obviously no longer allow it .

They offer a range of flying activities at Fantasy of flight. Check out their website and you may find something of interest.
    Angela