Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: clearwater beach

clearwater beach

I read alot of folks on this forum going to Clearwater beach. We always went to cocoa beach. Is it far from Orlando and what area is this beach. I sure would like to give it a try when we go down in October.
    Randy Johnston

wrpac00
    Its about 1hr 45mins from Orlando. Not sure what you mean by 'what area is this beach' but its on the West coast of Florida.

Florida Chatterbox
    We love Clearwater Beach and used to stay at the Clearwater Beach Hotel until they demolished it and built the Sandpearl Resort. The Sandpearl is superb 5* I believe and we loved it but the CBH had character in abundance but I guess thats progress.

My opinion is that Clearwater Beach is better that Cocoa Beach but we prefer the Gulf Coast to the Atlantic.

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We much prefer the Gulf Coast beaches.

Siests Key is beautiful and only about an hour and a half from Orlando - also consider Fort De Soto about the same distance - both have been voted in the top 5 beaches in the whole of the USA

Sandra
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Honeymoon island is one of our favourites a bit further north. Had a nice BBq and look round the nature park before spending the afternoon on the beach. you can also take a boat to caladesi island but havent done that yet.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Try Holmes Beach at Anna Marie Island - clean - good changing facilities- and good restaurant for breakfast and lunch right on the beach!
    Jean

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Honeymoon island is one of our favourites a bit further north. Had a nice BBq and look round the nature park before spending the afternoon on the beach. you can also take a boat to caladesi island but havent done that yet.
    We have decided to go there as we have read some of the things you have written. Can you give me rough directions/ time to travel there please? thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    We love both coastal areas but if we had to choose it would be the Clearwater side.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx