Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Us airways?

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Steve You say:- " I'm usually quite positive about most things but IMHO the sooner they go bust the better it will be for everyone concerned."

Not better for all those with flights booked, surely??

As I said we have "never" had any problems with them on numerous flights, (maybe we have been lucky so far) That said we have had problems with Virgin, BA, AA, Monarch etc, and others that "Have" now gone bust!!

I even have a letter of apology from Virgin offering to put right a problem on a previous flight. Everytime I have tried to use it "Nothing" has ever been available[!] on at least 8 flights. Some great customer service there[V] (Iv'e still got it & will keep trying)

If US do go bust we will just have even less choice!! I would'nt wish any business to go bust, with all the heartache it will cause, even to those who think they might not be affected.

Far better for them to do the job properly in the first place, which they always have for us. I just hope they continue to do[msnwink]
    mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Mike - Yeah, I've flown with them heaps in the past as well, and up until last year never had a problem and would have recommended them without hesitation.

But one of my personal measures of a company is how they handle things when a problem does arise. We knew we'd have the overnight in Philly so weren't kicking and screaming about it or anything. It was just their complete lack of any customer service that was quite astonishing!! I'll give you two examples from the last two times I've missed a connection that I think illustrate it ...

Flying Continental MAN-EWK-MCO. The EWK-MCO flight couldn't fly to Orlando due to weather and was cancelled. Continental met passengers at the gate and referred them to their customer service desk. At the desk they had a hotel booked for me, gave me a voucher for dinner and because most of the flights the next day were full they put me in club for the flight down to Orlando. They couldn't do enough to help.

Flying US Airways MCO-PHL-MAN. Missed the connection at Philly due to bad weather delaying the Orlando to Philly flight. US Airways just announced that the Manchester flight had gone and said to call them in the morning to see if there was space on the next flight. Hotels? No, we don't do that. Dinner? No, we don't do that. Any help at all? No, we don't do that. OK then ... just give us our bags and we'll sort everything out ourselves. No ... the baggage people have gone home so ... we don't do that!!

Same problem. Two different ways to handle it. I know who gets my money in the future.

As for them going belly up. If they do, straight away someone else will pick up those international routes so it's unlikely that we as customers will lose anything. Maybe Stelios will get them and have a go?
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Steve :- I hear you. Customer service is king. In my business we always sort out problems in our customers favour, first. That gets them working, then I will check out what went wrong.

Sometimes it was the customers own fault, but by then problem sorted = happy customer = more orders = happy me[msnsmile2]

I'm then in credit when it is my fault[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

Florida Chatterbox
    Maybe Stelios will get them and have a go?

If it is cheap fares and good customer service you want then Mr O'Leary would be your man -- £5 each way plus £600 admin fees.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

Florida Junior
    EBOOKERS 48 hour sale sarted today. There are some good prices, eg Oct to MCO via Atlanta from Gatwick £430.10. Good luck

We have flown several times with US Airways, and usually had a very good experience.

My husband and daughter flew back with them just after Christmas and because of severe weather up north (USA) they were going to miss their connecting transatlantic flight. Without any hassle the check in staff suggested putting them on an earlier flight (which was also delayed, so they just made it) and the whole thing was done very efficiently. As a result they did make their connection.
    ellie

I think you can have horrible experiences with any major airline. With the exception of Ryanair, none of them actually want to give you bad service. They are most often let down by individual staff. As for US airways, we've used them 3 times in the last two years (MAN-PHL-MCO) and found them absolutely OK. Over the years we've had a lot more hassle with Virgin and Delta than US Airways, so i think it's just impossible to say x is good, y is bad. As far as I can see, they're all much the same. It's much more variable in economy class, all of our bad experiences happen there. When we've been fortunate enough to travel upper class, or business, or envoy, or premium economy, it's been invariably good regardless of the individual airline. We're going economy with Virgin at Christmas and I'm not expecting it to be anything better than tolerable.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    Well here's a vote for Stelios to pick up the route, as our son has just started flying as EZ cabin crew and he'd love a nightstop or two.

Jane
    [OV]1499[/OV]

Florida Newbie
    Have flown US airways a few times, the cabin crew have always been very friendly.

FYI, there is talk that Virgin have been given the Zoom and Canandian Affair slots out of Glasgow, so hopefully there will be more flights for those of us flying out of Scotland.

Our flight with Delta in April was delayed - we had just pulled back when they had a medical emergency onboard and had to take a lady off. Of course this took a while, assessing her, removing the luggage etc. so we missed our slot.

The captain was very apologetic and kept us constantly informed. We eventually took off around an hour and a half late. When we arrived in Detroit they handed us a voucher (which was not for a lot, around $25 off our next flight, but it showed willing) as we walked down the ramp. They told us to check in for the next flight as ours had already left, and they gave us $15 each for some food as we had to wait around 3 hours for our next flight.

The delay was in no way their fault, and we felt that Delta handled it very well. Just shows how it can be done.
    ellie