Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone please elaborate on the Weather in August

Can anyone please elaborate on the Weather in August

Hi everyone,We've been to Florida on numerous occasions in the past but always May or October.Next year becuse I dont want the kids to miss school we are hoping to go in August.Could anyone please tell me how the weather is in August like humidity and rainfall?Will the humidity tend to be less than Orlando due to being on the coast?Thank You in advance

Florida Junior
    I think it is safe to say it will be very hot and humid.

Florida Expert
    Our villa is on the Gulf Coast and the humidity in August is, in my view, extreme. Rainfall can be daily but only for a short time but very heavy if and when it comes and of course everywhere dries up quickly. It is not a sure thing but you have to be prepared for sudden, heavy rain.
    Clare R

Weather patterns are changing round the world, but it is safe to assume hot and humid. Being tropical, you can expect short heavy rain showers in the afternoons, but we were there in summer last year with very little rain. If you have the choice, choose the end of August as the local school kids go back to school mid August
    Shirley

We tend to go in August every year. It's hot and very humid, with usually a short rainstorm most afternoons. They don't last long and dry up quickly, but May and October are much more pleasant.
    Tonish

Rotonda West Gulf Coast Florida & East Sussex UK
    Our villa is on the Gulf Coast my first ever visit to Florida was in July and August as Florida has a tropical climate it is fair to say temperatures are quite high the humidity is not unbearable.
    Being down at the golf course you have the wonderful beaches with the Seabreeze to escape to if you haven't experienced the tropical rainfall is it is quite spectacular they can almost be timed to the time of the day when they ariveit only last a short time and is very welcome weather that helps the wonderful tropical plants and trees to thrive.
    If you are lucky enough to experience one of these tropical rainstorm will be amazed at how quickly it dries up leaving everything lush and green.
    Remember Villa's are air-conditioned all cars have air conditioning along with restaurants and shops.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We find the heat and humidity in August too oppressive. However everyone is different and thousands of people go in August, if this is the only time you can go then I would not be put off. The weather does seem to be changing, I think the 'set your watch by storms' are a thing of the past, the weather now seems to be more unpredictable, although the weather forcasting seems much better in Florida than it is here.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    As others have said July & August are hot and the humidity is high, that said there is a cooling breeze when at the beach and I would hazard most lanai's have ceiling fans for eating/dozing by the pool.

In the past we have been on Stump Pass Beach & South beach and can hear the thunder and see the lightening not 3 miles away.
    The storms can be very localised and miss different areas as they rumble thru.

I am not saying for one minute you will not get a day where the rain is prolonged but often they are short sharp and sweet and some days none whatsoever.

We are praying for rain in Rotonda West as we have had so little and the wells need replenishing.

I also find August very humid but you do have air conditioning. I would be careful if you have very young children as they may find it more uncomfortable. Sun hats and plenty of drinks are essential. Have a good holiday.
    Sandra

Florida Expert
    We are out at our villa at the moment and also spent a few days on the Gulf Coast. It was lovely there, whilst yes it is very hot and humid and there are thunderstorms most days in the afternoon, I know I would much rather be out here in the heat than at home in the cold UK at the moment! In the evenings it is lovely to sit outside - its the perfect temperature ! Even the rain is warm!
    Michelle