Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Mid-Size SUV/4x4

Alamo Mid-Size SUV/4x4

Hi,

In October 2009 we booked a mid-size SUV. We got a Toyota FJ Cruiser in Yellow! Lots of space for us - 2 adults, 2 suitcases, 2 sets of golf clubs and hand luggage. We weren't officially told that we were given an upgrade to a full-size SUV but always thought that was the case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1328.jpg   IMG_1329.jpg  

Did you like the FJ Cruiser?

Personally the look of them has never appealed, despite liking Toyota's other SUVs.
    Euan

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'd absolutely love an FJ Cruiser. Fab looking car that I've always wanted to try.

Just realised I said October 2009 but it was actually 2008!

MTP - Yeah, after we got over the initial shock of having a big yellow car, it was quite funky! No problem spotting it in the car park either! I only drove it a couple of times and liked it. I wouldn't mind getting another one.

I wonder if this new Ford Kuga may drop into this category soon?

I hired an intermediate SUV (from Avis - Boo hiss) on my most recent trip and that was a Ford Escape which is a rebadged Ford Kuga.

Not a bad car, to be honest. It was nice that I chanced into a pretty well-specced one, so it had leather and 4x4. The back seats did not look comfortable though - very vertical with very little padding.

Florida Expert
    I hired a Mid Size SUV via this site for the past fortnite and had a very nice Dodge Journey.
    Massive Boot if you don't use the 2 back seats and just use as a 5 seater not a 7 but even if you the boot has a compartment you can lift up to store more stuff in.

My daughter has just got back from three weeks in Florida, hired a mid-size SUV direct from the Alamo.co.uk website and has just noticed a charge has appeared on her credit card for an extra £61+. She has looked up the code on the Alamo website and it says it is a foreign currency fee!! She booked and paid in advance in ££'s from the UK site - she has emailed them and awaits a reply.

There is no mention of any fees on their website of any of the paperwork she has - just another little trick to milk the tourists???? So annoying as she now has to chase them for a refund. It is the first time she has booked with Alamo, and you won't be surprised to hear it will be the last!! Back to Dollar for us.

Florida Chatterbox
    I have booked many times with Alamo but always through this site and have never had a problem

Is the 61 quid not the final bill that they hand out when you return the car? If you return empty , it will be the charge for the fuel, airport taxes etc etc
    Wilf & Sarah