Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alamo Mid-Size SUV/4x4

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    Is the 61 quid not the final bill that they hand out when you return the car? If you return empty , it will be the charge for the fuel, airport taxes etc etc
    She prepaid all the taxes, fuel, extra drivers when she booked the car so if that is what the £61 is or they have charged her twice!!

She will be chasing it up tomorrow - she has already been passed from one department to another.

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    We just booked a 15 seat minivan with Alamo and was disgusted with extra charges of over $76 as we had the vehicle for 1hr 45 minutes longer than the 7 days. This only came about as we took the early flight out of Manchester and the late one back with Virgin and had an unforeseen delay en-route to the airport. Do they give rebates when the vehicles are brought back early....no and in over 30 visits in the past 10 years I have had the car back early 95% of the time. On one other occasion with Dollar when I had to visit someone in hospital in Orlando and was about 2 hours late back with the car I never had a single cent extra charges.

I won't be using Alamo any time soon either.

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Just checked the paperwork and they charged us $87.58 for 1hr 50 minutes

Ridiculous amount of extra charges Anthony - probably worked out more then the daily rate.
    I expect they rely on the tour ops bringing them in loads of mugs - sorry, customers - so they do not care if they loose a few regular customers.

Hope you had a great time on SD though and played plenty of golf!