Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual Travel Insurance

Florida Newbie

Angry Annual Travel Insurance

We have been going to Florida for the last 28 years and in recent years have always had an M and S policy, however this year the premium is £283, this is without any existing medical conditions for 2 adults and 2 children!

Can you recommend a good policy (not necessary the cheapest) and have you had to make a claim?

Many thanks in advance

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    just re done mine, changed company this year. Have gone for a family policy from insurefor.com. Think ik got it from compare the market.com - price varied on various comparrison sites. Went for their Premium cover (there are 2 below this). For 2 adults and 1 child it was under £70. Have not claimed yet so can't tell you if its good, but the excess on this one was not ridiculously high.
    Christine

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Travel insurance web dot com cover me for 2 adults and 2 children with a diabetes and high cholestrol declared pre condition for £105
    £10 million medical cover, cancellation ,personal possessions etc-excess £60

I have had the same policy now for 3 three years but check with the prices sites ever year what is best.

You need to be very careful what you buy as you will find what seems to be 5 or more quotes from the same company on most of the comparison sites.

It's only when you look at the detail that you can work out which is best for your family. It's a bit of a pain but you just need to make sure that you have the cover you need. If you have a problem while yor away make sure you check what pre-authorizeration is needed before you start any treatment even if you are covered.

Regards Dave
    Dave Lewis

We have an annual policy from Lloyds TSB with our current account. The account costs £12 per month, but it covers all the family. We found it when we were looking for an annual policy for my husband once we had reached 65. They cover you up to 80 years and if you need to have a trip of more than 31 days they just make a small charge depending on the extra time.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    We always used the post office as they seemed to cover all we needed. A few years ago my son's girlfriend was taken poorly and we needed a doctor, they were great phoned up told us to get the doctor filled out a claims form and all done
    . Now and for the past 3 years i have the Marks and Spencer one as it worked out a lot cheaper to take out the Premier credit card at £12 a month than to have the post office cover, you do get other bits with the card, free drinks vouchers and earn points etc, but you have to be good and pay your card every month otherwise your saving on the travel insurance is gone on the card interest. My daughter has just said it has gone up to £15 a month so not as cheap as the Lloyds one. I do work in Marks so for me all the vouchers get used and the bonus points, just got a free £10 voucher to spend on Sunglasses or holiday shop, not sure if i didn't work there that i would spend so much to get so many points. l.o.l. They did pay out in the Ash cloud problems last year which is quite reasuring.
    Why not see if your bank does a policy like Lioyds, Nat west did so maybe they all do. Worth a look around.
    Hope this helps

Mary
    Last edited by mary and colin; 27-06-2011 at 09:24.

I have used the same Insurance Company for travel for the past 15 years. I first took out the policy when working for BT under Employee Advantage and they are underwritten by Chartis Insurance. Two adults Annual Multi Trip costs me £85.70 a year. No winter sports included.

Val

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Like Andrena - we've had one with Lloyds TSB for the past 5 years at £12 a month. Just chabged it recently to Halifax (altthough it's actually owned by Lloyds TSB!) still same price - I think it depends on what type of Bank account you have though.
    Jean

Florida Junior
    As NHS employees, we have a joint, annual, multi-trip, worldwide travel insurance policy through AIS insurance, They offer a discount for NHS employees and are very comprehensive and competitive. This years premium is £70 (and that it includes an existing medical condition). Having found quotes from the likes of the price sites, no one seems to offer the same cover for the price, so we have been with them for quite a few years now.

Florida Expert
    We used Direct Travel Insurance which we found on a comparison site. We had the premier plus which has a £50 excess (because of the number of days we were going for), standard policy is £75. They have been good. Helpful when we were there, propmpt with payment once back and the only minor problem is they have tried on a few occassions to charge the wrong excess until we pointed out it was a premier plus.