Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Buffets kissimmee.

Florida Newbie

Talking Indian Buffets kissimmee.

We are looking for an Indian Buffet restaurant in the Kissimmee area.
    We have been to one on International Drive and really enjoyed it but it was very small inside with little options of food choice.
    We are stopping in Davenport and wondered if anybody knows of any good Indian Buffet restaurants.
    davieb

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    None that I know of and the Indian restaurants in general are not a patch on ours so you may be disappointed.

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Junior
    There is a 'Passage to India' restauraunt ? if its buffet, on the 192 at the top of old lake wilson. not been ourselves but love indian food, people always tell us we would be disappointed though.

shona

We did go to Shamiana on International Drive - once!! Not a patch on anything we've ever had in Europe. Names sounded the same - but it was an "Americanised" version we had and not good really. Since then I have never been tempted by Passage to India although it is close to us.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don't know any of those places but I've never been able to find decent Indian food in Florida - and it's not for want of looking! Some great stuff in major cities like New York, Boston or even Dallas but notable by its absence all over Florida in my experience.

The best I've had was actually a takeaway Vindaloo from a Whole Foods supermarket which I could just about recommend.

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't know of any Indian buffets. We've been to the Passage to India on 192 and its okay if you are in need of an Indian "fix" but if you are expecting anything as good as your favourite in the UK I think you will be very disappointed.

We just do without a curry whilst we are over, makes it taste that much better when we get home.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the replies and yes the curries all seem quite bland compared to ours over here.
    It would be great to try the takeaway Vindaloo just incase we are desperate for something remotely spicy, if you could let me know which Whole Food Supermarket to try please.

Thanks.
    davieb

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Whole foods is in a nice mall right off Sand Lake Road, just after I nternational Drive. One of my most favourite shops! Not cheap but the meat, fish, salads, fruit and Veggies, ready meals and especially the bread are all wonderful!EnjoyJean

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for that...we will look out for the Mall.
    davieb

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by davieb View Post
    Thanks for the replies and yes the curries all seem quite bland compared to ours over here.
    It would be great to try the takeaway Vindaloo just incase we are desperate for something remotely spicy, if you could let me know which Whole Food Supermarket to try please.

Thanks.
    If you want spicy try Thai Thani at Celebration, it's one of our favourite restaurants

Sandra
    Sandra