Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Booking holiday privately ....help please

Florida Newbie

Booking holiday privately ....help please

Hi

This may be a bit of a daft question but if you are booking your holiday yourself, do you book your villa then get flights or the other way around or does it not matter?
    Also with flights, if you are planning your holiday a long way ahead do you hold back for a good deal or just book when you can to secure a flight ?
    thanks

karen

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can do it either way Karen, we have had guests who have booked their flights and then booked our villa and also the other way around.
    As for booking the flights well in advance I think it depends on wether you are planning to go peak season or not, as these tend to remain at the higher prices and get booked up anyway.
    I would start by puttting in a request to the links above for villas, making a short list and then costing up the flights also through the link above. Have fun.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Hi Karen
    No question on here is ever daft.[msneek]
    I'm kind of assuming that you know when you want to go so I would look at flight prices and also be checking villas out together as dependent on when you are wanting to go there could be slight flexibility on your chosen villa start date as to the best price you can get for your flights.
    I would be putting out a search on all sites looking for a villa initially and then searching for my flights - hoping to have flexibility.
    Karen Scott

Hi Karen,

My advice would be to book flights first especially if you are restricted by regional airports or have set dates due to school holidays and work.

Once you have your flights you can make an enquiry to the 3 sites at the top of the page with your firm dates. Flight seats are cheaper when they are first released.

I think looking forward to a holiday is one of the major parts of it which is why we always book early. I don't always tell the kids though because they would drive me mad. [msnsmile2]

We are tied a bit into the school hols at the mo so tend to book the flights first to make sure we get the dates we want. Then I search for a villa. (of course if it is Florida my search is pretty short as I have my own [msnwink])
    Jan and Lee

Florida Expert
    Hi Karen
    i would do it the other way round and book the villa first....you will always get flights but the villa of your choice may be already booked up if you leave it too long....people are already booking as far ahead as 2007/2008
    hope this is helpfull
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1497.aspx
    sharon

Have to say before we had our own villa and rented others we always booked our villa first. We found that we could get flights but not always the villa we wanted if we did it the other way around.
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    I also think if you booked the Villa first if there was a problem the owner would be more than happy to help fix dates, especially if it is for next year. I know I have happily moved dates by a day or two when the flights have been confirmed.

Getting the Villa first is the best as you can get the exact one you like, which will add greatly to loving every minute of your holiday!
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-551.aspx

Hi Karen, I also agree to book your villa first to make sure you get the exact villa you want. Flights are usually no trouble finding, especially to Orlando as you can fly to Orlando International, Sanford or even Tampa. There isnt a massive difference in journey time to get to the villa of your choice.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the replies everyone
    Im going to finish looking at all the lovely villa information Ive been sent via the links above (how on earth Im gonna choose I dont know) and then will book the villa followed by flight

karen